Chapter 18 - A Unicorn Named Bob

The Labyrinth of Gedref

| | |

Merlin and I eventually made up after we came back from Camelot. We hugged it out and cried together - not that we would ever tell anyone. We're back to being best friends and roommates.

"Hey Anhora." I greet the old man wearing a white cloak and holding a wooden staff with a big grin. I walked over many fallen logs and branches as I crossed the forest floor to see him. Gaius gave me the day off as there wasn't much work to do. So, I decided to see someone I haven't seen in a while.

"Elizabeth! How are you my dear?" He smiles warmly at me.

"I'm doing fine. How are you doing?" 

"I'm doing well, thank you for asking."

"How's Bob doing?" I question the man, referring to the little unicorn I met when I was at Ilvermorny. He seemed to like me the most, so I would sneak him an apple and carrots every now and then when I had a free period.

"He is doing fine. He misses you."

"I miss him too. Is there anyway for me to see him again?" I ask with a hopeful smile.

He thinks for a moment, "Yes, I believe there is." He closes his eyes and chants something. A bright blinding white light shines from besides him. I cover my eyes with my hand as it continues to glow. As the light dies down, I uncover my eyes to see my little Bob. However, he isn't that little anymore.

"BOB!" I exclaim as I run up to the white unicorn with open arms. I wrap my arms around the neck of the majestic creature.

Anhora chuckles at my enthusiasm, "I still cannot believe you named him Bob."

"What was I supposed to think of as a 12 year-old child?" I question.

"I have no idea,  my child."

"I'm not a child, I'm 18."

"You will always be my child."

"How old are you anyway?"

"I don't know what Harry Potter and Ginny Potter nee Weasley taught you, but you never ask someone their age."

"I though that only applied to women."

"And men."

"Naaaaahhhhhh, you're making that up," I grin at the older man.

"I'm afraid not," He gives me a small smile.

"Liar. I'm-" I get cut off when I hear some twigs breaking. I go on full alert and I curse for not bringing my bow with me. At least my dagger that Perc gave me. I turn around to see Merlin holding a lump of wood, "Are you going to kill me with a piece of wood? 'Elizabeth Potter - Death by Wood'. That's a horrible way to go out."