Chapter 28 - Hello! I Hate You!

The Witchfinder

| | |

"I need a day off."

Gaius looks at me with a curious look in his eye. "'A day off'?" he repeats.

"Yes," I nod.

"Why?"

"Because my Padawan is probably going to get his letter sometime in the next couple of months, and I need to teach him all about the Wizarding World and possibly a little French too," I answer, shrinking somethings into my purple beaded bag that Aunt Hermione so graciously gifted me.

The white-haired physician looks at me with narrowed eyes. "That was a very good lie, but not enough to get out of work."

"But it's true."

"Yes, and I'm a dragon."

"I reckon my sarcasm is rubbing off on you."

"I learned from the best."

I sigh, "Please, Gaius. I just need the weekend off. That's it, and then I'll come straight back. No wasting time."

He narrows his eyes at me. "That's a lie," he deadpans.

"Yes, that's a lie. We both know that I get easily sidetracked."

The old man looks at me with the 'Eyebrow of Doom' and immediately, I get a shiver down my spine. I don't care who you are, everyone gets scared of the eyebrow. I bet even the great Godric Gryffindor would be a little frightened. Gaius sighs after a while of mental debate. "I'm believe I'm going to regret this later; you may go."

My face lights up with a grin. "Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I squeal. I quickly turn around so I can sling my bag around me. I smooth out my tunic and tightly wrap the blue cloak I am borrowing from Gwen. She's so nice, and kind. She's amazing. "I shall see you later then, Gaius. A plus tard!" I walk out the physician chambers to go pick up Nick. (See you later!)

I pass many servants and few knights who wave at me as I make my way through the corridors to exit the castle. I notice Merlin struggling to balance a mountain of shiny silver armor as he attempts to keep pace with a specific blonde prat. I just simply swivel on my heels and walk the other way and hope neither of them notices me.

'Please no. Please no. Please no. Ple-'

"LIZ!"

'Damn it'

I inwardly groan and slowly turn back around. I know they're going to notice the way I'm dressed and then start asking question about where I'm going, who I'm going with, how long I'll be gone, and other stuff that I can't currently think of.

I face the incoming prince and warlock with a tired expression. I mentally prepare myself with a deep breath. "To answer all your questions, I'm going on a little trip, going with Nick, be gone for a few days. Any other comments, questions, or concerns can wait until after I return. Good day kind sirs!" I wave and rush out into the busy market streets.