The Night of Doubts

I'll call the older Lan Xichen, Li Xichen. While the younger remain as Lan Xichen.

Chapter 11

* Li Xichen's POV*

" Uncle, when are we going to kill that dire owl." Sizhui asked.

" Just later after cerfew. It would be better for you to use resentment when no one is looking." I advised.

" I'll meditate for a while uncle." He said and I nodded.

I know it still consume much of his energy controlling resentment. He is not Wei Wu Xian after all. But at least resentment never did harm him and was friendly with him. With now, being Chenqing's new owner, he is the master until their real master comes back.

It's already 9: 30 now. It's the time that there are many guard disciple who are roaming around. We just have to wait another 15 minutes and they will go back to their own quarters and sleep.

The said minutes had now pass.

" It's time to go now Sizhui." I said.

He stopped meditating as soon as he heard my voice and stand up.

" Uncle I'm ready." He informed with a blank face.

" Let's go now." I said and we went out.

We went to the cold spring since it is located at the back of the mountains and no one would go there day or night since it is restricted to the main family of the Lan Clan only.

" Uncle I'll start playing now." He informed and I nodded.

As he started playing, resentment also started to gather. Soon after, black mist seems to gather around a certain tree. With or without my knowledge, my lips curved at the left side of my mouth forming a smirk.

Sizhui seems to notice and also smirk while playing Chenqing or should I call Bu Zhi Dao.

" It's time to shine." I whispered just enough for my nephew to hear and command my sword to fly to that certain tree and kill that annoying bird.

Sizhui also bring out Wangji and when the owl emerged from the tree he uses the killer string to kill it.

Aiding Wangji, or shall I call Sizhui, I send Shouyue flying and directly pierced that owl directly in his heart giving it the final blow.

" And it's dead." My dear nephew said following my brother's face but with my brother in law's intonation.

" I don't know weather to laugh or cry with what you say." I said chuckling a little.

" What?!" He pouted.

" Let's go back to our room now and tomorrow we will inform your aunt that the owl is already dead." I smiled and shuffled.

We walked back to our quarters silently.

Before we even reach the guest quarters where we were staying, we heard whispers somewhere from the roof.

We scanned the roof looking for possible person who broke the rules.

Sizhui finally saw someone and he touched my shoulders to call my attention and pointed to where that whisper comes from.

To our surprised, it's not a person but two persons sitting on the roof and talking with each other. One in black with a red ribbon on his hair and the other wearing sky blue outer robes that were designed for the sect heir of GusuLan sect.

" It seems like your parents are having a date this time. Wanna listen?" I asked the product of the two lovebirds.

" Let's just give them their privacy. Sooner or later, father would ask an advice to you or to your younger version." Sizhui said maturely and we continued walking to our quarters.

* With the Wangxian*

* 3rd person POV*

* While Xichen and Sizhui are battling with the dire owl.*

' thank goodness there are no other person around.' Wei Wu Xian said in his mind as he climb up the wall bringing two jars of Emperor Smile, Gusu's Famous Alcohol.

" Entering Cloud Reccesses after Cerfew is forbidden. Breaking the barriers are also forbidden." Said a stern voice.

Wei Wu Xian look at his right side and there he saw a beautiful stoic Jade standing Infront of him.

' wait, what beautiful? Brain please stop supplying unnecessary information.' Wei Wu Xian scold his brain. ( More likely the author who is writing this.)

" Hi Lan Zhan. Your also here?" He smiled sheepishly.

" What are you bringing?"  Lan Wangji asked sternly.

" Emperor Smile. I'll give you one, can you forget that you saw me tonight?" Wei Wu Xian offered.

" Bringing alcohol is forbidden in cloud reccesses. Bribing the officer is forbidden. Come and take your punishment." He said and moved towards the other.

" Hey, hey, hey! Wait there Lan Zhan. You know I really don't want to fight today.

Wait are you the one who silenced me a while ago? I was about to argue with Wen Chao when I found out I could open my mouth." Wei Wu Xian said.

" Not me." Simply said the older.

" Your lying."

" Lying is forbidden." Said the older plainly.

" Who could've silenced me? and how the fuck he knows that I was to argue?" Wei Wu Xian wondered.

" Don't know." Answered the other wondering man.

" You know Lan Zhan, Cloud Reccesses is very peaceful. I mean Lotus Pier is very jolly but cloud reccesses brings peace." Said Wei Wu Xian as he sat down.

" It's like a paradise behind four great walls." He continued and the other man sat beside it.

" Your close with Sizhui?" Wangji asked the younger.

" You mean A-yuan? Well I just met him yesterday at the gates together with your brother. I even thought that he is you without a forehead ribbon, but I can sense some familiarity with him. When he introduced himself as a Wei, I was shocked. I thought he is my cousin, brother or something that is why I felt some familiarity with him. It even surprised me when he told me his mother was the Wei and his father's last name is some unknown last name and they were hiding from his father's manor that is why his uncle is also bringing his mother's Last name.

He is such a mysterious child. Even born from two man. I never thought it's possible." Wei Wu Xian chuckled.

" Don't also know. Li is my mother's last name as well." Wangji informed.

" What a coincidence. Is that the reason why we both look like his parents and his uncle looks like your brother." Wei Wu Xian said amazed by the sudden information.

" Is your sword named Suibian?" Wangji asked suddenly.

" How did you know?" Wei Wu Xian was surprised.

" Heard them speaking a while ago. They mentioned my sword and guqin's name, Wangji and Bichen. They also mentioned Suibian and Chenqing." Wangji said slightly guilty for breaking the rule.

" Also heard them comforting Sizhui saying that you and I are still alive and can be saved." He continued.

" Eavesdropping is forbidden in cloud reccesses *smirking*. It seems like Second Young Master Lan has also broke the rule. But we'll Suibian is mine but I don't know who owns Chenqing. Also, why would they worry about or safety?... Wait are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Wei Wu Xian spoke a little loudly but not too loud.

" Master Li's first advice to Wangji is don't repeat his brother's mistake of being coward." Wangji said with a hint of sadness.

" Master Li's eyes are also teary when he saw me. A-yuan hugged me directly as well." Wu Xian smiled remembering the moments.

" He hugged me...as well." Wangji whispered.

" Do you think they are from the future?"

______________________________________