Congratulations Future Mom, Part One

Start from the beginning

"Come here first." Natalie agreed with Jay as he told her that, before going to hug him. "Congratulations sis." Natalie agreed with Jay when he said that, before smiling at him. "So, how about you just give us the update that we need for our children? I want to have that." Natalie agreed with Jay as he said that, before going ahead with giving him the update that he wants right now. "Well, Michael...right? I forgot their names after all the events." Alex agreed with Natalie. "Yeah. Michael and Olivia." Natalie smiled. "Adorable. But, okay. So, I thought that we might not need the kids to stay on the vents other than overnight; but I think it's best that we keep them on." Taking a breath as he heard that, Jay turned to look at Alex; clearly seeing that his wife would rather have him be next to her, Jay walked over to her so that he could hold her hand as they listened to this. "Yeah, maybe I should've told you to go sit with Alex before I started to speak." Jay agreed with Natalie as she said that, before going to sit down with Alex.

Grabbing her husband's hand, Alex proceeded to intertwine their fingers and just held him close to her; after which, Jay wrapped his arm around her and kissed the top of her head. "I'm right here Alex." Alex agreed with Jay when he told her that, well aware that was the case. After all, it's where he's been the entire time; he's been by her side, giving her the comfort that she needs. Cuddling up to Jay's side, Alex held him as Natalie spoke to them. "Okay, like I was saying. We need to keep them on the vent for a while, just to make sure that they're okay. Their esophagi aren't yet ready to carry the air that they breathe in down to their lungs, and then back to their mouth and nose; nor are they ready to eat through their mouths, which is why we're going to need to feed them intravenously for a while. I know that isn't ideal, believe me; it breaks my heart as their aunt to have to do this to them, but it's what's the best. And I promise that we're going to do whatever we can to make sure to they're okay." Jay agreed with Natalie as she said that.

"We know that you will Natalie, I promise that." Jay then turned his head and proceeded to press a kiss on Alex's forehead. "Now, when it comes to your recovery Alex; I already spoke to your surgeon, and they would like for you to remain in bed. And that means that you can't go see your twins yet, but you will be able to do so on this." Natalie said, going to grab a tablet that they have for all of the new moms in their side table; after which, she turned it on and opened the special app. "What are you doing Natalie?" Natalie smiled as she went to open the app that she needs to give Alex, before making sure that the lights were okay. "Perfect, this is nice." Natalie then proceeded to give Alex the tablet. "This is something that you're going to like." Alex was confused as she heard Natalie say that, before grabbing the tablet; after which, she saw what she was able to see on the tablet. And that would be their children. Cuddling up to Alex, Jay smiled as he held her close and then kissed her forehead softly. "See, you can still see them all the time."

Natalie agreed with Jay when he said that. "And you can also order food and change the TV channel from there. I think there's also some games on there, and I would play on that more than your iPad; then you can keep your husband away from the work e-mail." Jay snickered as he heard Natalie say that, because he doesn't think that's going to happen; however, Alex most definitely does like that idea. Grabbing Jay's hand, Alex smiled as she turned her head and looked up at him. "I don't want you to work right now Jay, let's just concentrate on this new life that we're starting." Jay agreed with Alex as she said that, before bending down so that he can kiss her softly. After which, he started to take things nice and slow with the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world. "I love you." Alex agreed with Jay as he told her that, smiling at her loving husband; after which, she laid her head down and cuddled up to him. Turning his head, Jay smiled as he proceeded to kiss her forehead softly. "I need to talk to Natalie for a minute, okay?"

Alex agreed with Jay as he said that. "Go ahead. But don't be long, because I like the breakfast over there; and I want to have it." Jay laughed as he said that, before getting up; after which, he bent down and proceeded to kiss the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world. And he truly means that, because Alex is the love of his life; and that will always be the case. "I already spoke to Matt yesterday, and he told me to take however long I want off. He's going to put Antonio in charge of all the projects that I was working on, so you don't need to worry about that. All you need to worry about right now is relaxing, taking it easy, and getting better. I promise Alex. Also, we have no rush to leave here; I already worked it out with the hospital for us to be able to stay here the entire time that the kids are here, because of my PTSD." Alex agreed with Jay when he said that, loving that idea. "God, I love you so much." Jay agreed with Alex as she said that, before kissing her forehead softly. "I'll be right back, okay Alex?" Alex agreed with Jay.

After which, Jay got up so that he could talk to Natalie in the hallway; after all, he does want to hear everything, without her sugar coating it. There was just something in the way that she was speaking to both him and Alex in their room, that made him know that she was sugar coating something; and that wasn't what he wanted. He wanted to hear the truth, or his mind was going to wander all of the time; because that's something that just happens when you have PTSD, you can't think straight at times. You have major anxiety, and you worry all the time. So, you always need to get the complete truth, which is exactly what Jay is going to get.