chapter 69.

• DRACO'S POV •

I watch her as she stares at my ring on her finger. Surprisingly, I feel good about this. I'm not scared or pissed, I feel calm, which is unusual.

"What would you do if I lost it?" She smiles, looking up at me.

"Kill you." I shrug and she laughs even though I'm being serious. "And then I'd kill myself."

"Why would you kill yourself?" She curiously asks, shuffling closer towards me.

"So then my parents couldn't do it first." I reply and she laughs once more. "So don't lose it. It'll be a shame if I have to kill you."

"Oh yeah?" The brunette questions and I nod my head. "How would you do it? Push me off a bridge?" She laughs at her own joke and I roll my eyes, which causes her to laugh even more.

"Don't tempt me." I quote and she goes silent and stares at me. I say nothing and neither does she. "I'd do it when you'd least expect it."

"...like right now?" The girl suggests, pulling her legs up to her chest and wrapping her arms around her kneecaps.

"Maybe." I agree and she pulls her bottom lip in between her teeth. "How many times do I have to tell you to not do that!"

"A lot apparently." She giggles. The girl wraps her arms around my neck and inhales
deeply. "I love you." She says gently before chuckling. "We're really bad at following rules, apparently."

"I already knew that I was." I quip and she smirks before rolling her eyes at me. I tuck her hair behind her ears and cup her face in my hands. "Although, you've surprised me, you're such a prude with rules."

"Wow. Insult me, why don't you?" She complains, rolling her eyes, and I laugh. "I have to go."

"Where?" I question and she narrows her eyes at me. "What?"

"Nothing." The girl answers before sliding off my bed. "I'll see you later." I kiss her head before she can kiss my cheek and she smiles once more. "Bye."

"Have fun." I wish as she exits my bedroom.

• ISABELLA'S POV •

Once I get back to the Gryffindor common room, I sit with Ron at a round table in the corner of the room. He's setting up a chess game, even though there is no one here. "Is Harry in his invisibility cloak or something." I question, reaching for the other chairs at the table to clasp a long silky piece of fabric.

"Forgot that!" He scoffs, standing up and looking at me with a toothy grin plastered on his face. "I can't believe you lunged at that girl! That was the most 'least Isabella' thing that you could do! It was incredible!"

I laugh and flip my hair over my shoulder as if I am one of those C list celebrities who think they are an A. "Thank you, thank you." I say in an annoyingly snobby tone.

"And Malfoy had to carry you out of there!" He laughs, sitting back down and clutching onto the edge of the table and I giggle at his reaction. "It was the funniest thing ever."

"Hermione won't agree." I cock my head to the side and he chuckles. My smile fades and I sit across from him at the table once more. "You like her."

"...yeah." The ginger agrees and I squeal. "Shut up!" I cover my mouth with my hands and smile into them.

"That's so cute!" I squeal into my hands and he rolls his eyes as his cheeks turn into a deep scarlet shade. "Does she know?"

"No." He replied and I remove my hands from my mouth. "I don't know if I should tell her not."