chapter 11.

The walk to Hogsmeade is long and exhausting. I almost forgot how long of a walk it was but I talk with my friends the whole way there. I didn't get to speak to Cedric last night so he's still mad at me for the argument we had. I do see his point of view now because of what happened between Malfoy and I and now I have a plan to not talk to him again, at all. My original plan was to go back to hating him but I know I can't do that after the way I was feeling so I'll just never talk to him again.

Ron suggests that we to go The Leaky Cauldron for a drink after the walk and we all agree. It's only when we walk inside do I remember that I was supposed to talk to them about not coming here but repeating it sounds crazy so I keep my mouth shut. We walk to the counter and it's Harry's turn to pay this time so he buys all of our butter beers and as we walk to a table I recognise Draco and Melanie walking inside. I take a sip of my drink and look away from the two of them and look back at my friends.

"Malfoy and Cedric got into another fight last night." I announce and Ron covers his mouth to stop himself from laughing and Hermione looks as confused as ever and Harry seems excited.

"Why now?" Hermione questions. She seems like a mother coming into school and asking the headteacher about why her children got into trouble. I explain how the fight happened and what actually happened in the fight and Hermione seems disappointed. She makes a point that Cedric has never seemed the violent type and I agree with her.

I zone out from the conversation as I look over to Melanie and Draco. He has his arm around the back of her chair and she moves closer towards him and I can't help the anger that I feel. I know it's stupid but yesterday we were kissing like we were a couple, a real couple and now he's on a date with someone else. I didn't think that he would cancel it for me but I did think he would be hesitant before being this close with her.

I take a sip of my butter beer but I keep my eyes on the two of them. Her head leans closer to his and she smiles at something he says. I want nothing more than to jump over there and claw his eyes out with how flirty he's being but obviously I can't.

I have no reason to be jealous and I have a boyfriend.

I look back at my friends and drink the rest of my butter beer as the conversation continues. "Anybody need to go to the bathroom before we head out?" Hermione asks and I shake my head. "Ron, Harry do you?"

"No I'm good." Ron answers and Harry shakes his head. We slip out of the booth and I keep my eyes plastered on the door as we walk past Malfoy's table. I don't want to see if they're kissing or not but I hope they're not. What if they are?

My curiosity gets the best of me and I turn around to see her lips firmly pressed against his. My stomach drops and I can feel a lump in my throat. Why did I have to look back?

I quickly turn back around to pretend I didn't see it but I take one last glance as I step outside of the pub.

I clear my throat as an attempt to get rid of the lump and I tuck my hair behind my ear. It's a little windy today so I really should have tied my hair up but I forgot and don't have a spare bobble on my wrist. "Should we go to Honeydukes first?" I ask and Ron's face lights up in excitement.

"Five minutes Ronald, you have five minutes." Hermione scolds and Harry laughs.

We walk to the small brick store and step inside. It's smells amazing inside the sweet shop. the walls from high to low are stacked with sweets and Ron and Harry run off to the back of the shop where the chocolate frogs are. "Do you want anything?" I ask Hermione as we wonder over to the hard sweets and she shakes her head.

"Do you?" She chirps and I also shake mine. I've lost my appetite since I saw Melanie and Draco. I need to stop thinking about that and I need to remember that I have a boyfriend. A boyfriend who loves me dearly that he tried to fight Draco yesterday for being disrespectful towards me.

"Actually yes I do." I decide and I grab a pick and mix bag before filling it with different types of gummy worms. I fold the bag and hold it as we wonder to the bakery section of the store. Hermione decides that she'll buy a butter croissant and a chocolate brownie from the bakery and as soon as it's been five minutes, we pay at the counter and Ron and Harry rush over with multiple bags of sweets.

"You're going to be physically ill." Hermione scolds as they pay for their sweets and Harry smiles at the thought. Weirdo.

"We won't. Plus be proud of us, we were exactly five minutes." Ron shrugs as we walk out of the shop. I push the door open and hold it while they all pile out. Ron digs in his bag and pulls out an exploding bonbon. He quickly puts it in his mouth and he looks as if he could scream with joy. It's obvious he's been waiting to go to Honeydukes for a while. Harry pulls out a chocolate wand and begins eating it while Hermione and I hold our bags.

I notice Cedric walking with his friends and he spots me. I give him a small smile and a little wave and he nods my acknowledgment. A nod? I look away from him and walk with my friends to Dervish and Banges.

It's a huge black shop where you can purchase everything you need to represent your house. Hermione and I pick out some small Gryffindor flags that we would wear in our hair when there's a Quidditch match and we also pick out some bigger flags that we could wave around. Harry and Ron buy a deep red Gryffindor sweatshirt with the words 'Gryffindor' written in sparkly gold letters and they buy some sweatpants to go with it. Hermione decides that she would like some new stationary (even though we've just come back) and she buys more quills and ink. She also buys a notepad and a scarf and despite my refusal she buys me a scarf too.

The plump man at the counter stuffs all of our stuff into separate bags and we hold it while we walk to The Owl Post. The Owl Post is the official stationary store to go to in Hogsmeade and Hermione was far beyond excited to go there. She reminds Ron that she allowed him to go into Honeydukes so he should allow her to come here and he stops complaining but doesn't stop pulling a dirty face as we walk inside the shop.

The shop is quiet and bright, which is probably why it's Hermione's favourite store. It reminds me of a library. Hermione only spends three minutes in here as she already got most of her stationary from Dervish and Banges. She buys some stamps and seals and more ink before we all exit the store.

By the end of the day we're all ready to collapse onto the floor with the amount of walking we've done so we go back to The Leaky Cauldron. Ron buys us all some more butter beers (as it's his turn) and we sit down at the booth we were previously sat at.