chapter 15.

The apology catches me off guard. I don't think I've ever heard him say 'I'm sorry' and if he has then it must have been sarcastically. The words are foreign coming from his mouth and it is obvious the blonde thinks the same thing. I turn back around and frown at him. "Why are you apologising? We aren't even supposed to be talking anyway so you're making that easier for me." I cross my arms and he rolls his eyes at me. What was the point of apologising if he was just going to roll his eyes?

"Bell-

I glare at the blonde and he huffs before opening his mouth to speak again, "Parker, you're 16. You can make your own decisions. Is Cedric your boyfriend or your father?" He replies. I have asked myself that question but I don't like the fact that Malfoy is also questioning it.

"Does that mean that you want to talk to me?" I ask, trying to keep a straight face. I don't know why I'm joking with him but I enjoy it and if I could do it for the rest of my life, I would. I understand how quickly I am switching my moods but I also don't have the energy to argue with him over something that I agree with. Cedric is acting awfully a lot like my father and he needs to stop.

"Don't push it." The blonde warns but all I can think about is the fact that he didn't deny it. "Go sit down in your seat."

"No I'm bored over there." I refuse and he chuckles.

"So you're having fun with me?" He teases and I huff.

"Don't push it." I mock and he laughs. Slughorn looks up from his book and stares at the two of us, in confusion. If we had Professor Snape I'm sure I would get a detention but I don't know about Slughorn. He points to a chair and indicates for us to sit down and I look at the potions book in my hand before glancing at Malfoy one last time before sitting down at my seat again.

I flick through the crumpled pages and scan over a few potions for the rest of the lesson. It wasn't fun at all but at the end of the lesson my friends and I immediately walk down to Hagrid's hut for Care of Magical Creatures. This is probably Ron's favourite lesson and it's obvious with the way he bounces with his walk and the smile spread across his face.

It's windy outside and there is a slight drizzle of rain coming down so I'm not really ecstatic that we're outside but I'm glad that the lesson is with Hagrid. Once we get down to his hut, a few students are already there and are stood underneath Hagrid's small umbrella. Hagrid is having an even smaller conversation with these other students and he still seems uncomfortable with teaching.

Hagrid leads us inside the forbidden forest with a silver-coloured egg in his hands. He sits on a small log with multiple (bigger) logs in front of him and the class sits on them. "Alrigh' so this baby is an Occamy." He begins and I hear a huff from behind me. I turn around and see Malfoy and his friends. Blaise and Pansy are whispering next to each other, meanwhile Malfoy is sat next to Crabbe and Goyle. "Anyone know wha' any of these are?" Hermione's hand flies up. " 'ermione?"

"An Occamy can be found in the Far East and India. It's a plumed, two-legged winged creature with a serpentine body. They feed mainly on rats and birds and they are turquoise with purple hair and teal feathers." Hermione describes and a bright smile spreads across Hagrid's face.

"Thanks, 'ermione! Ten points for Gryffindor." Hagrid rewards and Hermione gifts him with a dazzling smile back. I hear Crabbe scoff behind us and Hermione glances at me and I shake my head to tell her to 'ignore it'.

For the rest of the lesson, we are taught how to take care of the Occamy and everything else we really need to learn.

In divination, Professor Trelawney just makes us drink tea and read each other's tea leaves...again to see if our future has changed. They all did, which adds to Hermione's list of reasons for why this whole lesson is a hoax. She says, "they're obviously going to change every time we drink, not because our 'future is changing' but because it's just a drink!"

After the lesson ends I approach the curly blonde teacher and she jumps when she sees me, "sorry professor." I immediately say and she slowly sits down on her chair. "I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's...okay." She slowly says as if she is regathering herself. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Well I was wondering if you could read my fortune." I say and she almost seems shocked. I never expressed any love for divination at all (over the years) but now I'm curious. I want to know what will happen, I want to be prepared to go through something difficult.

"Oh uhm...yes! Okay yes." She says and she scrambles over to a wooden cupboard. I sit down at my desk and she walks over, trembling. I know she's not scared of me and she is just skittish but I am getting a little insecure the more I am around her. She (shakily) shuffles the cards and holds them out in front of me. "Pick three to start with."

I slowly reach over to the pack and pick the furthest to the left. I show it to Trelawney and she hums. I pick out another and another. She places her pack of cards down and picks up the three that I picked out. I sit with an uneasy feeling in my stomach and I play with my fingers while she analyses the cards. "Have you been going through something difficult lately?" She asks me and I think for a moment. I don't think I have.

"Not really." I answer and she hums once more.

"What about with a loved one?" The blonde questions and I furrow my brows. Cedric and I have been going through some relationship stuff but it's okay because we've sorted it. Nothing has happened with my friends or my family so it must be Cedric.

"I guess-

"A decision." She interrupts and I raise an eyebrow at her. "You need to make a decision."

"About?" I ask and she observes the cards some more.

"Do you love him?" She chooses to say and I nod my head. Yes I love Cedric. "No, not the loved one that you're thinking of...the other boy."

"No." I answer honestly.

"You need to make a decision." She repeats and I stop myself from scoffing. Hermione was right this is all just bogus, nonsense. "Pick which boy." 

I did.

"The right boy." The blonde adds and I cross my arms. I'm beginning to grow cold in this classroom and Professor Trelawney is speaking a bunch of words, which I'm sure she doesn't know what they mean. She's speaking without thinking. I know what love feels like and I love Cedric. "You know which one you should pick. Why aren't you picking him?"

"I'm sorry professor but I just realised I need to go study." I excuse and she watches me as I stand up. "I apologise for wasting your time." Before the either of us can say anything else, I run out of the classroom.