Chapter One Hundred Two

John B handed JJ the magazine with the map in it. "Alright, we need to get to 158, okay? This one man, you just ripped it out."

"Jesus Christ." JJ groans, organizing the maps in his hands. "There it is. It's gonna be a nice..."

"Cop. JJ, JJ, there's a cop." John B tries to tell him.

"JJ, play it cool." Everleigh sighs, moving her hair out of her face.

"I am cool." JJ says, letting his hand fall nervously onto Everleigh's thigh. "I'm super cool. I'm as cool at it gets."

"I need you to both shut up." Everleigh tells them. But her head spins in confusion when she sees JJ waving out the window. "What are you... don't do that. Stop practicing how you're gonna wave, you're not waving."

"I'm just gonna wave." JJ announces as he practices again for a second time. But JJ doesn't listen to her or John B telling him not to wave, he puts his hand out the window and smiles. "Hi, officer."

John B reaches over Everleigh and pulls JJ back inside. JJ loses control for a second, making the vehicle swerve and nearly run off of the street.

"Why'd you touch me?" JJ yells at John B.

John B is quick to argue back. "Don't wave at cops! Rule number one of driving a U-haul."

"Five minutes." Everleigh stresses. "We've been in the car for five minutes."

JJ looks in the rear view mirror, "He's getting in."

"Just stay calm. Act very calm." John B warns them, but Everleigh was already squeezing the color from her hand.

Then, he lights up and he turns on his sirens, making Everleigh flinch ever so slightly. "Shit, he's coming!" JJ stressed, balling up the map. "He's coming! Shit! Damn it! Dude, goblin mode, alright? We gotta lose him, okay?"

"Goblin mode, JJ, what does that even mean?" Everleigh was close to crying. She was scared that they weren't going to make it out of getting arrested. The constant yelling didn't help.

"Hang on! Hang on!" JJ yells before he turns into a bunch of bushes. They all jolted forwards and nearly hit their heads.

"Get out. Go, go, go"

They all rush out the doors, running further into the bushes in front of them. "Dude, I swear to God, if we get through this, I'm gonna kill you!" John B says as they all run.

JJ reaches out for Everleigh's hand which she willingly takes. "Well you probably won't have to because Barracuda Mike is gonna kill us first."

They ran without stopping until they finally made it back to the Twinkie. They were still in surprisingly good shape after not being home for over a month.

"Our dad is somewhere in South America right now, probably with a knife to his throat, and what are we doing? Moving weight?" John B starts to pick another fight. "In goblin mode? What does that even mean, JJ?"

JJ shakes his head before standing up straight. "How many times will you complain about me trying to help save your dad?" JJ yells.

"Help is the exact opposite of what you're doing right now." John B yells at JJ making Everleigh watch on nervously.

"You know what? You're right." JJ sighs, checking to make sure Everleigh wasn't close by. She was next to the Twinkie, watching the two argue. "You're absolutely right. But you know whose fault that is? You and your treasure-obsessed father."

"JJ." Everleigh warns him. But John B's response was figuratively louder. He shoved JJ backwards, but he barely moved.

In fact, he smiled and laughed. "Oh, okay. That's where we're going?"