Chapter Eleven

The next morning the five pogues were out on the boat. Everleigh was next to JJ. But the two didn't say much to each other. She was worried that she had hurt him, backing away from the kiss.

JJ whistles, turning to look behind him. "You guys see that? That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200K, easy." He says.

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope groans.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kiara says, rolling her eyes.

As they drive by Sarah is practically attached to Topper, and covers her eyes, ignoring the five teenagers.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Kiara says to the couple passing by.

"Kie, can you not be mean to her for once?" Everleigh asks, kind of upset that she treated Sarah the way she did.

"Oh, so you're on her side now?" Kie fires back.

"No, I was just saying. I didn't mean for it to come off offensively, it's just you treat her so poorly and we don't even know why." Everleigh replies, leaving Kiara silent.

Later they were in the Twinkie, driving.

"All right, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines." JJ says, pulling the gun out.

"Yo, come on, man. Just put it back." John B says, trying to convince JJ to put the gun back.

"What?" JJ asks, trying to stand with his point.

"JJ." Kiara warns.

"You can never be too careful." JJ adds, suggesting that he should still bring it.

"Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." Pope says, rolling his eyes.

"Thank you Pope." John B adds.

"I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ." Kiara threatens.

"Put it back." John B says, grabbing the gun and shoving it back into the compartment.

"There you go." Pope sighs.

"You can't grab a gun like that." JJ argues. "Can't forget my badge. Professional busboy.

"So, where are we going now?" Pope asks.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." Everleigh responds for JJ, walking next to him.

"This way!" JJ leads. "Andrew!"

"All right?" The man replies.

"What's up, bro?" JJ says, walking into the kitchen, Everleigh right behind him.

"Mama L, good to see you!" JJ says, reaching for a piece of food, in which she uses her spoon to knock his hand away. Everleigh swiftly grabs the piece JJ reached for, holding it up to him. "Thanks princess." He says, taking it out of her hands with his mouth.

They continue through the hallways, looking for a computer rooms.

"See, they got the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat."

"Sweet Lord, the internet! I've missed you." Pope exclaims, almost running for a computer.

"Let me get in there. Gotta check out my Insta models." JJ says, trying to squeeze onto a computer.

"We don't have time." Kie says rolling her eyes.

"Go. Nah. Hey. Hey! Hey! I got the map!" John B says, pulling the map out of his bag.