Chapter Four

Pope runs into the chateau panting, "Okay. So, um... we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia."

"Actually, Pope's right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny." JJ replies with a cocky tone.

Kiara interrupts, "Guys, we can't keep that money." She seemed somewhat stressed, Everleigh couldn't really tell though.

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ replies again with the same tone.

Everleigh punches his shoulder, hard, but not too hard. She didn't want to hurt him, just send a warning.

"Ow." JJ flinches, then rubbing his arm.

"Stop being dramatic, I didn't even hit you that hard." Everleigh says rolling her eyes.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma." Kiara starts again.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too. We gotta go dark." Pope says nervously.

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree." JJ says, fidgeting with his lighter making it constantly click.

Everleigh rolls her eyes and quickly grabs his lighter shoving it in her back pocket. "You're honestly so annoying" Everleigh says bluntly, tired of him making obnoxious comments and noises.

JJ simply flips her off in reply.

"I don't agree." John B steps in.

"What?" JJ asks confused. "Why?"

"This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole."

He looks around for a reaction before starting again. "Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas.
We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin'."

Later on the pogues go up to the dock. JJ pulls Everleigh away from the group, far enough to where they couldn't be heard by the rest.

"What was that about?" JJ asks. "Why did you flip out on me in the chateau?"

"I did not flip out, I simply put an end to you being annoying." she says offended.

"Come on, I know you love me." He says smirking before looking deeply into her eyes.

"I don't love you." She chuckles. She knew how to play this game.

"Really?" He asks, "Then let's make a bet."

"A bet?" She asks pretending to put deep thought into his idea. "Shoot."

"I bet, I can make you fall in love with me by the end of the summer." He says confidently.

Everleigh scoffs, "You wish." she smirks, "You have a bet."

JJ looks at her and smiles before reaching into her back pocket and taking back his lighter.

Everleigh blushes, JJ was practically touching her butt. She couldn't lose this bet.

"Thank you." He says before going back to the dock with the rest of the Pogues.

Everleigh shakes her head, walking back to the group. JJ is fishing with John B and Pope. Kiara with them as well.

"All right, so think about it, Pope. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?" John B asks.

Everleigh sits next to her twin brother on the railing.

Pope takes a deep breath and sighs, "Prostitution."

"Square-groupers, bro." He corrects. "Okay, flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean?" He continues, "JJ?"

"They were straight smugglin'" JJ answers.

"Smugglin'. And I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck." John B finishes. He shrugs his shoulders.

"Hell yeah." JJ agrees, "Fish on."

Later on they sit in a room, John B and JJ in windowsills, Kiara in a chair with her legs resting on the bed, and Pope sat on the bed, And Everleigh sat on the floor infront of JJ, who was trying to braid her hair.

"For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it, it probably belongs to someone else." Pope says, still uncertain with the idea.

"Minor details." Kiara said, tired of Pope trying to change their minds.

"They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid." Pope complains. Fidgeting with the money in his hand.

JJ gets up, stepping over Everleigh before crawling across the bed to Pope, taking the money out of his hands.

"Right. Well, stupid things have good outcomes all the time." JJ smiles, fanning the money in Pope's face. "Until then, we just lay low. Just act normal."

"Right." Pope starts, "And how do we do that?"

Everleigh's eyes light up before looking at the group, "Kegger?"

Sorry this chapter is short, I just want the kegger to be it's own chapter!