Chapter Seventy Five

Everyone eventually crashed later that night. JJ was curled up in a ball with his shirt over his face, and his head resting on Everleigh's stomach. Her hand was resting in his hair from when she was running her fingers through it last night.

"Guys, wake the hell up." Cleo speaks as she runs away. JJ's eyes opened and so did Everleigh's. They looked in confusion at the stir Cleo and Pope were making until they saw a plane in the sky.

JJ stands and taps John B on the shoulder, "Yo, John B. Wake up. Get up."

Everleigh slowly got up, making her way to stand behind where John B was laying. "Sarah, wake up. There's a plane." He stands up and begins to wave his arms and shout, "Hey, we're over here!"

Then, Kiara began to wave and shout for the plane.

Everleigh walks behind JJ and puts a hand on his shoulder. They share a look between each other and it couldn't have been more similar. "What are they doing?" She looks up to see a fire started by Cleo and Pope.

"He sees us. Guys he sees us." Kiara announces in relief once the plane turns around.

John B looks around to tell everyone, "Hey, he's going to the pond. Come on, come on." He laughs in excitement. Eager to get off the island.

They all make their way to the surrounding area of the pond. The plane lands with a large splash and Everleigh turns to look at JJ. "I, I don't wanna go, JJ."

He looks down at her with frustrated eyes. "If it were up to me. We'd stay, princess. But we can't leave them. And it'll be a hell of a lot harder to survive on our own." He explains to her. She shakes her head no, and he can't help but feel the same. His dream come true and he can't help but let it be taken away from him. He reaches for her hand and makes his way down the dune. "Come on."

Sarah, John B, Pope, and Cleo all ran to the plane. They were hollering and laughing in celebration to get off what they probably thought was a prison. "Hello, hello." John B welcomes a man crawling out of the plane.

"Well, hey there." He replies with a smile, stepping down.

Pope runs up to John B. The excitement he was feeling could be heard in his voice and it was written all over his face. "Hey! We're getting out of here. We're finally getting out here."

"Yeah, what do we got here?" The man asks, looking at the dirty teenagers who stood on the dry sand.

"Uh, you know. Just some castaways." John B jokes. He couldn't help it. The relief he'd been searching for. It was finally here.

The man fixes his sunglasses. "Well I can cross that off the grocery list. Uh, hang on. I got just the thing for y'all."

JJ stared with furrowed eyebrows at the plane. His hand never left Everleigh's and his heart was being torn into two. He had to choose between his friends or what he considered family, and living out the dream he's had for the longest time with the person he swore he loved the most.

The man threw a bottle of rum towards Sarah, but it landed in the water and splashed close to her, making her take a step back. Then, he tossed a first aid kit to Pope. "So what's the story? You guys sink a boat?"

"Uh, jumped off." John B tells him truthfully. Which without context made the group look like a bunch of idiots. "Her dad's." That last comment made Sarah's head snap around. She was not having any of John B's bullshit, especially when it was gonna involve her dad.

"In-laws man." He smirks, looking through the top of his sunglasses. "They're tough. Well, have no fear. Jimmy's here. I got ya."

"We'll all hail Jimmy, guys." Cleo shouts with her arms in the air and a proud smile on her face. "Let's go."