Chapter Fifty-Seven

The next morning, Everleigh, Kie, and Pope were the only ones to wake up on time for school. She snuck into JJ's room, putting on one of his t-shirts.

She was still pissed at him, and they were still technically in an argument. But he was her comfort person.

Pope and Everleigh walked around the chateau, waking everyone up.

Pope grabs their empty beer can pole, tapping John B's face. "Hey. We gotta go to school, man." Pope says, fighting laughter. "We have a geometry test in thirty minutes."

"Pope, geometry?" Everleigh asks confused.

"Yeah?" Pope answers, just as confused.

"Since when am I in a geometry class?" Everleigh asks.

"Since the beginning of the year, maybe if you didn't skip it everyday with JJ, you would know." Pope says, smiling at Everleigh.

Kiara searches through the fridge, looking for something to eat.

Pope walks over to JJ, trying to slap him awake. "JJ, wake up." Pope says, "Is he alive?"

"I don't know." John B answers groggily, rubbing his face.

Everleigh ruffles John B's hair, making him smack her hand away. Everleigh walks over next to Pope, sitting next to where JJ was laying. She leans down and kisses his cheek. "Wake up, dummy." A fake smile spreads across her face. He still hadn't apologized for what he said.

JJ's eyes flutter open.

"JJ. Get your shoes." Pope says.

Everleigh stands up, looking at JJ sadly. He notices the frown, but is too tired to react.

"We're going this way." Pope says, leading John B out of the door.

"Uhm, I will meet up with you guys later." Kiara says with a disgusted look on her face.

"I'm starving." JJ says, leaning back into the house, "I need some pizza."

Pope pulls JJ back as Everleigh follows silently. "No, you missed breakfast."

"Okay, I got it." JJ says happily, shoving pizza into his mouth.

Pope drives, Everleigh is in the passenger seat, JJ and John B are on opposite sides, each lying on a bench.

JJ was asleep, and John B was fighting it, looking at his phone.

They pull in and JJ falls forward into Everleigh's seat. "JJ, get up." She groans, getting out of the car.

They get into geometry. John B sits behind JJ and Everleigh sits next to John B, behind Pope, diagonal from JJ.

"Glad you could join us, Mr. Routledge." The teacher says, placing tests on each of their tables.

"It's good to be back." John B lies with a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Just in time for your first quiz." The teacher adds.

John B's eyes widen and he immediately points at Pope.

Pope turns back offended that John B was already blaming him.

"A test?" John B whispers.

"I told you we had a test this morning." Pope whisper argues back.

"No you didn't." JJ adds, sticking up for himself and John B.

"It was the first thing I said to you." Pope whisper yells.

A girl on the other side of John B gets his attention passing a note.