Chapter Twenty-Three

That evening, Everleigh was sent out to get Sarah, and Pope was sent to get Kiara.

Everleigh took the H.M.S Pogue before Pope, wanted to be finished first. She drove through the marsh, in a yellow bikini, with a Twisted Tea in her hand.

She pulled around, waving to people as she passed by. When she passed Topper, he let out a whistle, and called her a name that Everleigh just decided to ignore.

"Sarah!" Everleigh exclaims smiling.

"Hi Ev!" She smiles back, waving.

"I know this morning was kind of rough, and i'm tired of just being with the boys, do you want to come out on the boat with me?" Everleigh says smiling, squinting in the sun.

Sarah smiles at the girl, "Sure!" She says happily, "but I need to grab something quickly."

"Of course. I'll be waiting." Everleigh replies as the girl runs inside quickly.

A few minutes later, she runs out in a white bikini with small flowers. She has sunglasses on her head and a small case in her hand.

"Thank you for inviting me, Ev." Sarah says stepping onto the boat.

"Of course!" Everleigh replies.

"I got you something." Sarah says excitedly.

Everleigh furrows her brows, "Me?

"Of course." Sarah starts, "Who else would I be talking to?"

"Right." Everleigh says, "Sorry.

Sarah laughs and holds out the case to Everleigh. Everleigh smiles and opens the case to see designer sunglasses.

"Absolutely not." Everleigh says in disbelief. "There is no way I could accept these."

"Of course you can." Sarah says shrugging her shoulders.

"But their so expensive." Everleigh says.

"No, it's okay. I want you to have them, they'll fit your face better." Sarah says nodding.

Everleigh embraces Sarah in a hug, thanking her. She gives Sarah a Twisted Tea as well, and puts the sunglasses on over her eyes. Then they both drive through the marsh. Laughing and having a good time.

"Oh shit." Sarah says, looking in the distance.

Everleigh looks in her direction, "What is it?"

"Looks like someone broke down, let's go help them." Sarah says, worried.

They drive over to the boat, Everleigh already knew it was John B, JJ, and Pope, but Sarah had absolutely no clue what was coming.

Everleigh leads Sarah onto the boat, and then to JJ and John B.

"Bye guys." Pope says, running onto the H.M.S Pogue, before Sarah can say anything.

"What the hell did you guys do?" Sarah asks, "And where the hell did he just go?"

"JJ, Ev, and I all had a little idea." John B says, smirking.

Then, they all pick Sarah up off of the ground, placing her in the bottom of the boat, then locking her in.

Everleigh sighs, "She's gonna kill me."

Later on, Pope finally shows up with Kiara.

"Can't you guys do anything without me? What happened?" Kiara asks, climbing onto the boat.

"Uh, the alternator's, uh, not alternating anymore." JJ says, looking up at Kiara.

"Hm, that explains a lot JJ." Everleigh says.

"It's not charged." John B corrects him.

"Did you check the plugs?" Kiara asks, rolling her eyes.

"No, you should check 'em." JJ says, forcing the tools into Kiara's hands.

"Give it a whirl." Everleigh says, moving out of the door.

"You guys are useless." Kiara groans.

"Sorry about that." Everleigh says.

"Come on, come on, come on!" JJ whisper yells, grabbing Everleigh's hand.

"Uh... is this a joke?" Kiara asks.

"Go, go, go, go!" JJ whispers to John B.

"There are no plugs, like, at all." Kiara says, annoyed.

Everleigh, JJ, and John B sprint and dive off the front of the boat. "Sayonara!" John B yells.

Kiara looks as they swim to Pope, who was on the boat. She hears banging and yelling, making her open the hatch that Sarah was underneath.

"Are you joking?" Kiara asks, watching them get on the boat.

"Get your asses back here!" Sarah yells.

"We can't." Everleigh lies.

"Not till you two figure it out." John B finishes for her.

"I will kill every single one of you!" Kiara threatens.

"Y-You can't just leave!" Sarah says, starting to panic.

"There's food in the cabin, and JJ rolled a blunt." Pope yells to them, smiling.

"Hydroponic!" JJ adds.

"Yo, wait, I want some of that." Everleigh whines.

Sarah jumps in the water, hoping to make it to the rest of the Pogues.

"Godspeed!" Pope yells, speeding up.

"Wait! John B, you asshole!" Sarah yells after them.

"They're not coming back for you!" Kiara calls down to Sarah.

"Thanks for the sunglasses Sarah!" Everleigh smiles, making Sarah scoff.

"Love you, guys! Bye!" JJ says laughing then letting out a weird sound.

When they got home, JJ and Pope decided to spend the night. They had a fire, and spent the night talking.

"They're definitely going to kill us." Everleigh says laughing, taking a sip of her beer.

"Of course." JJ says smirking.

Everleigh had decided to go in and grab snacks for herself and the rest of the group.

Once she had gone inside, John B immediately turns to JJ. "So, JJ, when are you gonna tell us you and Ev are dating?"

JJ's face turns red. "We aren't dating dude, I don't even like her like that."

"You guys are always holding hands." Pope says.

JJ rolls his eyes, "Oh, so it's me? Have you asked her. I'm pretty sure she likes me, not the other way around. And I'll prove it." JJ lies.

Then, the door swings open, and Everleigh walks out with a bowl of Lay's potato chips.

The group spends the rest of the night talking. JJ doesn't say a word to Everleigh, talking to Pope and John B the entire time. She noticed, but thought he wasn't doing it on purpose.

Everleigh fell asleep on the couch, curled up in a ball.

When JJ came in, he saw her, curled up and cold. He contemplated going to lay with her, but remembered the conversation between him, John B, and Pope. He rolls his eyes, and just tosses a blanket over top of her, and walks to his room for a good nights rest.