Chapter Fifty-One

At this point she figured that JJ wasn't going to let her help him break John B out of jail, so she didn't even bother asking.

She spent a while wondering what she could do to help.

Hey eyes widen quickly and she ran to the Cameron household. If they couldn't force Rafe to turn himself in, maybe she could convince.

She hesitated at the front door, questioning what she was going to do.

She knocked, hoping anyone would answer.

Rose opens the door, her jaw dropping when she sees Everleigh.

"I need either Rafe or Ward." Everleigh says seriously, tired of the shit her brother and friends have been out through.

Rose shakes her head no. "I made a mistake last time I did that."

Everleigh rolls her eyes, "No. I want to see them."

Rose laughs, her eyes wide and insane. "I said no."

Everleigh looks at Rose in confusion. Had Ward brainwashed her too?

Before Everleigh could react, Rose pulls a gun from a table beside her, pointing it at Everleigh's head.

Everleigh looked up, noticing the safety was on, and her finger wasn't on the trigger properly.

"You don't have the guts." Everleigh laughs.

"I don't?" Rose asks, placing her finger on the trigger.

Everleigh chuckles again. "Nope, you wouldn't dare."

Rose smirks at Everleigh, pointing the gun between Everleigh's eyes, clicking the safety off.

Everleigh's smiles fades. "I'll make you a deal."

Rose's brows furrow. "Enlighten me."

Everleigh hesitates, taking a deep breath. "Rafe turns himself in. And I will stay with your family."

Rose laughs, "And how would that benefit us? Rafe is the only one interested in anything about you."

"Then turn Ward in." Everleigh shrugs her shoulder. "And I'll stay with Rafe, for as long as he wants."

"How do I know you aren't lying." Rose questions her.

Everleigh is left speechless. She hadn't thought this far into the plan.

Rose laughs evilly, but her face soon becomes serious.

Everleigh knew she needed to act or she'd be dead.

Little did she know that at the same time this was all happening...

John B was being strangled.

Sarah was being drowned.

And JJ was seconds away from being arrested.

She puts her hands up in surrender. "Please don't shoot me."

Rose laughs, bringing her hand across Everleigh's face so hard, she knew for a fact it would bruise. She almost hit as hard as Rafe.

"I gave you a chance to walk away. But you stood here and argued." Rose seethes. "It's my turn, and now there will be one less person with evidence against Ward and Rafe."

Everleigh grabs Rose's wrist quickly, using her other hand to rip the gun from her grip. She throws it across the ground, shoving Rose into her house, then slamming the door and sprinting home.

Sorry for this incredibly short chapter!