Chapter Fifteen

Later that night, Kiara took, well, more like forced JJ, Pope, and Everleigh to go to a movie thing. Everleigh hadn't seen her brother since they split up.

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this. Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?" Kiara says, smiling.

"Ecstatic." Pope mumbles.

"Everleigh's couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest."

"We're out of the green zone, man." Pope starts to worry.

"Dude, tranquilo, okay?" JJ tries calming Pope.

Everleigh follows Kiara to get drinks for the boys, while they found a spot.

"Hey, uh... can I get two Pepsis, please?" Kie asks the vendor politely.

"Hey, Kie." A voice says. Both girls turn at the same time to see Rafe standing behind them. "And hello there pretty girl." He looks Everleigh up and down, not even trying to hide it.

"Hey, what's up?" Kie asks.

"How are you? Everleigh how's your back?" Rafe asks, a smirk growing on his face.

"We're fine." Kiara answers bluntly, noticing Everleigh's discomfort.

"Good, good. Um... Tell your boy that we know what he did." He says, almost laughing.

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" Kiara asks, her brows furrowing.

"Uh, he'll know." He smiles.

Kiara pays for the drinks, and starts to walk away.

"Bye." He says.

"Douche." Kie replies.

Once they made it back to where the boys were sitting, Kiara immediately asked, "Just saw Rafe, and he said, and I quote, 'Tell your boy that we know what he did.' What is that?"

"Where is he?" JJ asks looking at Everleigh.

"Right there." Kiara says, pointing behind them.

"Great, the whole death squad." Pope whines.

JJ grabs Pope's head, turning it forwards. "Don't stare, bro. Just warning you, bro. If they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay? Slice and dicin'. I'm on edge right now. If that doesn't work, I got this right here." He pats his backpack set next to him.

Everleigh turns to Pope, "So, we just gotta stay in the group."

"They can't get us in the group. Like a school of fish.
Stay in the school. Can't leave the school." JJ finishes.

"I'm sorry, JJ. Please tell me that you did not bring a gun here. JJ, there are kids." Kiara stares at him, and looks at Pope, who looks away.

"Kie, I didn't bring the gun. Everything's fine, okay?" JJ lies.

"Wow, thank you. That's really convincing. I love that, JJ." Kiara says sarcastically. "Founding principle, you guys. No secrets amongst Pogues. What is Rafe talking about?"

"Kie, it might go down tonight." Pope says, releasing a shaky breath.

"What does that mean? 'Might go down tonight.' What did y'all do?" She asks again.

JJ turns to Pope, "Deny, deny, deny."

Later on, Everleigh and Kiara are busy watching the movie. Until Everleigh is distracted by Pope.

"JJ?" He whispers.

"What?" JJ whispers back.

"Gotta take a piss." Pope whispers, he was fidgety and wouldn't stop moving.