CHAPTER 62: HOME

Judy had got back in town, and was going to work to get something from her locker.  Dennis was in with Adam, and Adam was still grilling him about what he was up to, demanding answers as to why Dennis was looking up serial numbers and who was in possession of the gun Dennis was looking for.  Dennis wasn't giving answers.  Making Adam mad.

Doug was trying to wait patiently. But he was in a hurry. They needed to get Tom out of there. They needed to find the gun, and then run a test to see if the bullets match.  There was no time to waste.

Judy came in.  She said, "hey Doug."  He said, "hey Jude."   Judy said, "What are you doing here on Sunday?"  He said, "waiting for Booker."  Judy said, "Oh no, you aren't going to fight him are you."  Doug said, "no"

Judy said, "it's great news about Harry. I'm so happy. I went to see him as soon as I got in town, but I didn't want to tire him out. He said that he hasn't see you yet."  Doug said, "It's great news. I am working on something so I haven't had time to go up there. I will soon."

Judy said, "Doug why do you look like you are late for somewhere."  Doug said, "What's with all the questions."  She said, "Why are you waiting for Dennis."

Dennis came out. He said, "hey Jude."  She said, "Dennis."  Dennis said, "Doug let's go."  Doug and Dennis were headed to the door.  Judy said, "hey you guys what's going on."  But they said, "see you."  Got in the car and left.

Judy left and went over to Sydney's.  Sydney went to the door.   Sydney hugged her.  

She said, "just saw the craziest thing at work. Doug and Dennis together and not fighting, they left in Dennis's car."  

Sydney said, "yes I know. They are working together.  Dennis figured out who killed Buddy."  She said, "What, Dennis believes that Tom is innocent."  Sydney said, "yes I feel terrible, because Dennis came in Friday talking about his gut feeling, well it was that Tom was framed, I wish I would have listened."

Judy said, "Sydney that is wonderful news.  Hopefully with Dennis helping we can figure it out."

Sydney said, "no Judy, Dennis knows who it is, well he thinks he does. He says it's Frank Ferrell."

Judy said, "What, Ferrell killed his own partner?"

Sydney said, "yes, Dennis said that he has this gut feeling that Frank lied on the witness stand, saying that he was sitting in the car, but Dennis said that two other times when they were parked at the gang site, both times Frank told Dennis never sit in a parked car alone, you are a sitting target."  Judy said, "Is that all he has to go on?'  Sydney said, "well yes but also Judy first I need to tell you what happened."

She said, "ok."  They sat down.  

She said, "To start with, please keep this a secret, Dennis could be in big trouble."  She said, "sure."  Sydney said, "since Doug and I weren't speaking to Booker, he decided to get us to listen to him, he needed to get Tommy out, so he went and lied to the warden, and told him that Harry passed away, and Tom was next of kin, and needed to go to the funeral. Could Tom be put in Booker's custody for 48 hours."  Judy said, "oh my God, honey you saw Tommy here?"  Sydney said, "yes Judy. I was so shocked.  Doug and I were eating and watching a game, and Dennis rang the bell. I asked who it was. He said it was Booker. I told him go away, and then he knocked again, and Doug told him, and then Tom said baby let us in."

Judy said, "I'm so happy for you."  Sydney said, "Judy, Tommy looks so thin, and he had bruises all over his chest and back. He's been attacked."  Judy said, "I'm so sorry. Did you tell him about the baby?"  Sydney said, "yes Judy and he's happy, he was shocked about it, but he told me that to get him through his days and nights he was daydreaming about if he was home with me, what our life would be like, would we have a baby right away or would we wait."  Judy said, "I'm so happy for you.  Did you and Tommy um have a personal reunion" She laughed.  Sydney said, "yes, several times."