CHAPTER 56: GIRLS SHOPPING TRIP

Sydney told Margaret she could ride with them.  Judy was driving, Sydney said, "I want you both to know that I can't thank you enough for helping me with this."  Judy said, "Sydney you don't need to thank me of course I'm going to be there for you on your big day. You're my bestie and my sister for life."  

Margaret said, "Sydney I love you so much honey, I have no words to say how happy I am that you and Thomas are getting married. I want to welcome you to the Hanson family."  Sydney said "I love you too Thank you so much Margaret."

Margaret said, "honey if you don't want to do it it's fine, but I hope that you know that I'd never want to or try to replace your mom, I know how much you love her, and what she meant to you, but if you want to ever call me mom, I hope you know that you can, and that I love you like a daughter. I'll be here for you always."

Sydney said, "Thank you. That means more than I can say.'  Margaret said, "now we have a lot of work to do, so I'll try and not make you cry."  They laughed.

Sydney said,  "I know it's not going to be much of a wedding, with hardly anyone there, but I'd like to get a wedding cake, so I need to find someone who can make it, what if they can't on short notice."  Margaret said, "if they can't, I'll make you one. But we should probably do that first don't you think"  Judy said, "Right, we should stop at all the bakeries. I'm sure we can find one that can do it."

They found a bakery that could do it, so they picked that out,  Judy said, " I know that it's last minute, and no one is coming, but wouldn't you like to at least have one invitation made, that you could keep in your wedding book"  Sydney said, "yes but Judy will they make just one, what would I say."  Margaret said, "honey let me take care of that. I have a friend that does that, and I can have her make you one, and I will buy you a wedding book ok."  Sydney hugged her.

Judy said, "let's see Margaret, we have the cake, and I'm going to take care of the food, and I mean order food to be brought in, just for a little celebration, we need flowers, we should do that next. What else before we head to the mall.   Sydney said, "the minister, I should take care of that. I need to maybe go see him at his office. And explain things. I just hope he will do it. What if he won't you guys. What will I do?'  Margaret said, "if he says no then  my minister back home would probably do it. I can call him. I already asked him to pray for Thomas."

Sydney said, "should we forget my minister, so that I don't have to explain, and you call yours and see"  Margaret said, "yes that might be best. I can do that "  Margaret called and told him that she needed a big favor. He wanted to know if Tom had turned himself in. She told him yes, and his girlfriend wants to go ahead with the wedding, and marry him on Thursday, in jail  He said and you need someone to officiate the wedding.  She said yes and he told her he'd be happy to do it. He wanted to talk to Tom anyway, see if there is anything he can do. She thanked him. .

She said, "Sydney it's all set. He can do it."  Sydney said, "Thank you" They went to the flower shop and ordered flowers. Then to the mall to get the wedding dress and Judy's dress.

Sydney tried on several.  They were all beautiful, but she didn't know which one.  Judy said that she needed to keep looking then, because your eyes haven't lit up yet.

Tom was sitting with Doug.  Adam had brought them pizza.  Adam said, "I think congratulation meal is in order."  Tom said, "Thank you boss."  Adam said, "you ready to take the plunge huh"  Tom said, "yeah I am. I just wish I wouldn't have messed up. I wish I could give Sydney the wedding she deserves."  They ate.   Adam left.  Tom said, "Doug you think Syd changed her mind, I mean she was supposed to text you the pics of the ring."  Doug said, "no I don't think she's going to change her mind. Call her."