CHAPTER 46: LOVE AND CARE

Sydney slept a lot the next couple days, as the pain meds they gave her made her sleepy.  They got her up and let her walk the halls.  Tom walked with her letting her hold onto him. He was worried about her, so he was not wanting her to walk, but the nurses told him it was ok, and good for her.

Tom had hardly been away from her, as he refused to leave. They managed to get him to go downstairs to get food from the cafeteria, but that is about it.

Sydney still couldn't believe they were actually engaged. She woke up and thought it was a dream, but then she saw her ring on her finger, Tom was asleep next to her. She said, "it's not a dream thank God."  Tom said, "What" She said, "Sorry, didn't mean to wake you. It's just I keep thinking that I dreamed that you proposed. I can't believe you want to marry me."  Tom said, "it's not a dream. I can't wait to marry you. I'm the one who can't believe you would want to marry me, as much as I've hurt you. I love you, Sydney. More than I could even say."  He kissed her.

Sydney told Tom it was ok if he wanted to go home, take a shower, take a nap, relax a little. She was fine. She had guards outside, and Judy was here. Tom refused, but she finally talked him into it. Judy said, "go on home Tom. Take a shower, take a nap" Tom said, 'Are you sure Sydney. I hate to leave you."  Sydney said, "it was fine. She would probably be sleeping." He kissed her. Told Judy to call him if anything changed.

Sydney looked at her ring. She said, "Judy it's so beautiful. I can't believe Tommy bought this for me" She said, "he loves you so much. I'm so happy for you guys. I know how much you love him"

Tom took a shower, then went and got in bed to sleep a little bit.  He called Sydney when he got home, to check on her, then after his shower. He told her he was going to take a short nap then head back, but if she needed him, he could skip the nap. She told him no go on. I'm fine.

Adam called and said if Judy could come into the chapel as soon as possible, he needed discuss a case with her.  She said she could as soon as Tom gets back. Sydney told her to go on. She was fine.  Judy said are you sure, Tom won't be happy. Sydney said Tom is treating me like a baby.  I can stay by myself. I'm fine. I have a guard outside.  Judy wasn't sure but Sydney made her go on. So, she left.

Dennis came in and sat with her and talked to her. She asked if he had seen Harry, He said he had just come from there. But then he changed the subject. When Sydney asked him why he did that, he told her no reason. That Harry is fine. Getting good care.  

Sydney wished she knew what everyone was keeping from her. She figured it was probably because of Tom. Telling them not to tell her. But she knew there was something they weren't telling her about Harry. All they ever said was he is getting good care. 

She decided that she was going to find out, if they won't tell her, she will do it on her own.  She waited until Dennis left.  She was sleepy, so Dennis left to go back to the chapel.  He gave her a kiss on her head before he left.

Sydney got up out of bed and grabbed Tom's coat that he had left on the chair. She put it on and slowly made her way to the door.  She thought what to do about the guard.  He was standing there and greeted Sydney. She talked to him for a few minutes, and then told him that she was doing her usual laps around the floor. He asked by herself he didn't think she was supposed to do that, and she said it was fine, it was just around the floor, not to worry, there were nurses that could help her, and watch out for her.  She said that she knows Tom is worried, but she just needs to do some things on her own. She feels like she is a child needing a babysitter. Can she please do this on her own. She smiled at him, giving him a please let me look, so he said ok.

Sydney made it to the elevator.  That was easier than she thought it would be. She was able to sweet talk him into letting her. She looked on the hospital map to see what floor Harry was on. The neurology SICU.  She found it and went there.