CHAPTER 24: DAY AFTER

Sydney woke up and got dressed went downstairs.  Judy's mom had made a big breakfast.  Then Judy and Sydney did the dishes.  Her parents were in the living room.  Judy said "So I take it since you pretty much just stared at  your plate, you thinking about Hanson"  Sydney smiled.  She said "yes. I can't believe that I didn't realize what time it was. I called him at 2 am. Woke him up"  Judy laughed.  She said "Well good he deserves you keep him on his toes"  They laughed.

Sydney said "I just didn't realize. I couldn't sleep thinking about the day yesterday, and just you know how we talked and I miss him so much. so I told him I was ready to be friends to where I can hang out alone with him."  Judy said "I bet you made him very happy"   Sydney said "I can't wait to see him today."  Judy said "No I  couldn't tell"  They laughed.

Sydney's phone rang.  She looked.  She said "Oh no It's Tommy. Do you think he's canceling"  Judy said "No but if he is I'm sure it would be cause of his mom or something"  Sydney said "Hey Hanson."  Tom could hear in her voice that she sounded upset.  Tom said "Morning so hey are you ok"  He was afraid that she had been upset cause she had changed her mind about being friends.

Sydney said "yeah"  He said "Well you sound upset"  Sydney said "Are you canceling"  Tom said "No course not."  She said "oh ok good I thought maybe since you were calling"  Tom hated that she would think he would call and cancel.  It broke his heart.

Tom said "No I was just calling to tell you good morning and ask you what time you want me to come over My mom and I were going to eat breakfast but if I need be over there now then"  Sydney said "No you can eat breakfast with your mom."  He said "Ok so then you care if I come over after that or should I wait"  Sydney said "you can come over as soon as you are done, if you want. We aren't leaving for mall till like 10:30. But any time is fine."

Tom said "ok so I guess I need to prepare to get a lecture huh"  Sydney said "What"  She sounded upset.  Tom said "uh from Judy's parents. I know they probably at least I hope they don't know all the details but they know I hurt you"  Sydney said "They won't say anything. They told me that they were happy I went with you to your moms"  

Tom said "I'll let you go. So thank you again for inviting me"  Sydney said "Thanks for wanting to come. Hanson you um uh"  He hated that she struggled with talking to him.  It used to be so easy, not any work involved.  he knew it was his fault, and it had gotten better, but still broke him.

Tom said "Syd just say it."  She said "you do want to come to mall today with us right. I mean you didn't just say you would, cause if you don't"  Tom said "Sydney of course I want to come.  I guess I'm going to have to tell you every single day, several times  a day. But I am grateful for any second I get to spend with you, no matter whether we are at work, on a case, at the mall, eating pizza, at the movies. It don't matter. I have missed you so much. It almost killed me"  She said "ok well I'll see you Hanson"  Tom said "I'll see  you."

Judy laughed.  Sydney  said "What"  Judy said "Girl you are positively glowing"  Sydney said "What oh no do you think Tommy is going to notice"  Judy laughed.  Sydney said "Judy I don't want him to know I'm in love with him. I won't be able to resist him"  She said "no he's not going to notice, he's too busy staring at you, to pick up on that.  Trust me he has no idea how you feel"

They got ready.   They were both upstairs.  The doorbell rang.  Tom's mom answered.  It was Tom.  He had roses for Sydney.  She said "Tom come on in"  He said "thanks Mrs. Hoffs"  She said "it's so good to see you."  Judy's dad said "Tom"  Tom said hi and they shook hands.  Judy's dad said "So I hope you learned your lesson young man. Sydney deserves to be treated special"  Tom said "yes sir I know that. I know I hurt her, and I didn't mean too, but I will never do that again. I lost her from my life, and I know I don't deserve the chance to get her back, but I'm grateful"  Her dad said "I hope you mean that, I do not want see that young lady hurt again by you."  udy came down.  She said "Hey Hanson"  He said "Hey Judy."