The Quiet Wolf

Hello Drinor Here, If you like to become a patron and get access to these chapters  earlier, head on over to Patreon and search 'Drinor.'

Write 'www.Patreon.com/Drinor' in the Websearch

The Following 16 Chapters are available for Patrons.

Chapter 61 (Mother and Son), Chapter 62 (A Night of Passion), Chapter 63 (Silverwing and Morning), Chapter 64 (The Jousting), Chapter 65 (A Dragon of House Targaryen), Chapter 66 (A Threat or Salvation), Chapter 67 (Cannibal, The Wild Dragon), Chapter 68 (Daenerys, The Dragon Princess), Chapter 69 (A Golden Flower), Chapter 70 (Tears of Direwolves), Chapter 71 (A Stark Without A Direwolf), Chapter 72 (A Princess's Night), Chapter 73 (A Direwolf's Blood), Chapter 74 (Morning and Rhaenys), Chapter 75 (A Song of Dragons), and Chapter 76 (Leaving Harrenhal) are already available for Patrons.

The Link is in my Profile.

Eddard Stark

Something was going on. He knew it. Jon hadn't come to sleep in his bedchamber for a few days. Anytime Ned would see him, he would be in the company of anyone from the Royal Family. At first, he had thought it was just a coincidence, but Ned now knew it wasn't that. There was only one reason why Jon would spend time with his...family. Ned still found it strange to think of the Royal Family as Jon's Family.

Ned knew Jon had must have told them the truth, he knew there was no other way, and Ned knew his fate was permanently sealed. He was a walking dead man. He counted the days until the Royal Guards would march up to him and imprison him and the rest of his family for high treason. But Ned remembered the deal he had made with Queen Rhaella. Despite her clear hatred for him, he knew she would keep her promise. At least, he hoped she would.

In the last few days, things had started getting worse between Robb and his betrothal. Ned didn't know what was happening between the two. They seemed happy and seemed to be getting along, but since the Melee, something had changed between them. Ned could sense that their once harmonious relationship was now strained. Even Catelyn had noticed the change. She confided in Ned that Robb seemed less enthused to meet Lady Wynafryd and spend time with her. Perhaps the pressures of ruling Winterfell had taken a toll on him, or maybe there was something else at play. Whatever the reason, Ned knew that he had to intervene before their relationship deteriorated any further.

Robb was making it clear that he didn't want to meet with her anymore, but the same wasn't for Lady Manderly. She would still seem very happy whenever Robb was with her and often talked first and kept the conversation going, but Robb would often seem as if his attention was entirely elsewhere.

Sansa and Arya had spent time with the lady, trying to make her feel as welcome as possible—especially Sansa, who couldn't stop talking about the South.

Ned wondered if it had to do with the girl he met that day, he still remembered her hunting violet eyes. She looked so much like Ashara, almost like how Ashara looked during the Tourney of Harrenhal 17 years ago. He had tried to find her, but so far, no luck.

But it wasn't just Robb. Catelyn had told him that even Sansa was seen with someone, a Lord, according to her, a boy around her age; Catelyn had told him that he needed to have a serious talk with Sansa, she could easily be seduced by this lord and lose her maidenhood, but Ned had told her that she was a better option when it comes to talking with Sansa about such things.

As the sun rose slowly, illuminating the dining hall with the gentle morning light, the entire House Stark gathered to break their fast after a long night of fasting. The aroma of freshly baked bread and sizzling bacon filled the air, tantalizing their senses and whetting their appetites. However, the usual lively chatter and banter that accompanied their meals was absent as the family solemnly and silently partook in their food. Only the clinking of utensils and the occasional cough broke the stillness that hung over the room.