To The South

Hello Drinor Here, If you like to become a patron and get access to these chapters earlier, head on over to Patreon and search 'Drinor.'

www.Patreon.com/Drinor

The Following TEN Chapters are available for Patrons.

Chapter 40 (White Harbor), Chapter 41 (A Bear's Roar), Chapter 42 (Where it All Began), Chapter 43 (Harrenhal), Chapter 44 (A Feast and A Queen), Chapter 45 (Queen Rhaella and The Hidden Prince), Chapter 46 (My Name is Aemon Targaryen), Chapter 47 (Jenny of Old Stone), Chapter 48 (A Sister's Love), and Chapter 49 (Arianne's Passion) are already available for Patrons.

The Link is in my Profile.

Eddard Stark

He was wearing his cloak and boots, preparing himself for a new day. Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell entered the Great Hall of his home. His eyes looked at the Hall of his family, the faces of the people he had seen for decades; his hand touched the walls of his home; it felt warm, his eyes memorizing everything, trying to remember every little detail, even the most unimportant ones, he felt a little foolish, he had seen the same Hall for so many years now, yet, today it felt as if he was seeing it for the first time.

Servants walked around the Hall, cleaning the tables and the windows; many bowed their heads respectfully when he passed through and brought cups of water and beer. Ned wasn't someone to drink beer daily, but today was a special day.

Grabbing the cup, he allowed the bitter liquid to touch his lips; he drank it down with one breath, the liquid slipping down his throat, cold and bitter, he felt a headache, but he ignored it as he put down the cup made of wood, The Direwolf of House Stark carved into it. His lady wife looked bewildered, seeing him drink at the first light of the morrow; she knew her husband wasn't someone to drink alcohol in general unless it was a special occasion.

"Ned, are you alright?" Catelyn questioned, concerned, her hand touching his hand; Ned hadn't told her yet about the upcoming tourney. There was no need to do so; Maester Luwin and Benjen had helped with everything they could. Robb had promised him to be a man he would be proud of, Ned believed his son, and knowing Lord Manderly, he wasn't a man to Miss any Tourneys, especially one as big as this one. Ned believed the whole realm would be there, knights from all over the realm would be there, and lords would bring their children and grandchildren in hopes of securing a marriage with any of the Royal Children.

Ned had no doubts Lord Manderly would bring his granddaughters along, this would be a perfect opportunity for Robb and her to spend time together, and perhaps he could even have a dance with her. Ned hoped that, eventually, love would blossom between them. Ned knew the feeling of marrying a woman you don't love or desire, but there was no point in cursing life; Ned had accepted his fate, and eventually, love had blossomed between him and Catelyn, even if a small part of him always wondered how things would have been if she had been here instead of Catelyn.

Ned was a little concerned about Rickon; last night, they found him alone in the Crypts with his direwolf; when Ned asked why he had been there, he said in his childish voice that Aunt Lyanna was in the crypts and crying.

Ned's heart had almost stopped hearing his words, surely, he knew that was impossible and had personally checked the first level of the Crypts, but nothing out of the ordinary other than a deep red rose on Lyanna's stone hands.

Ned didn't know how the rose got there, nor did Rickon, who said the rose was there when he entered the crypts. After the little incidents, Ned checked the bedchamber of all of his children. All of them were soundly sleeping in their beds.

He had wanted to check Jon's bed chamber as well, but he was a married man now; Ned didn't want to enter at an inappropriate time or hear something he didn't want to hear.