Chapter 32

Lorelei and Jesse did not say another word to each other on the ride back to the hotel. A streak of blood was on her dress, but her knuckles were still crimson. She picked at her nails and glanced at Jesse. He was staring out the taxi window and did not look at her.

Did she mess up? She had never punched anyone before. It surprised her how much damage she did to Atlas's face. Would Atlas have attacked her back if Jesse had not pulled her out of the bathroom?

When the cab pulled up to the front of the hotel, Jesse got out without saying a word. Lorelei scrambled to get out of the car. She hurried to follow him inside. Her heels clicked across the lobby floor as they went toward the elevator.

"Jesse," Lorelei said as she reached for Jesse's arm.

He pulled away from her reach. Chewing on his lip, he looked down at Lorelei. Her chest tightened, and she struggled to breathe. Jesse had never been cold to her before, so he must be furious.

"We need to talk," he said in a low voice.

Lorelei nodded as she followed him into the elevator. They were alone, and she looked at their reflection in the elevator mirrors. Jesse would usually have his hands all over her body. Fear sat heavy in her gut. How badly did she mess up? Would Jesse break up with her over this? Losing him would be horrifying, but she also did not want to be alone in a strange city across the country.

Walking down the hallway, Lorelei crossed her arms and rubbed her palms across her skin. A chill ran down her spine because Jesse did not look at her as they walked to the room. When he opened the door, he barely held it open for Lorelei to enter.

Jesse swore as he loosened his tie. He sat on the foot of the bed and buried his head in his hands. Lorelei stood, guessing that Jesse did not want her close to him and sitting beside him on the bed. Jesse raised his head and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'm sorry," Lorelei said.

"You're sorry?" he asked.

"Are you mad?"

"Lorelei, I'm furious."

Her stomach clenched at hearing Jesse saying her name. He never said her name. It usually was some kind of pet name, not her legal name.

"Remember Molly's wedding?" Jesse asked. "I punched that stupid cop in the face, and you were ready to break up with me. You just assaulted someone. It's hypocritical."

"I didn't want to do it," she said.

"Then why did you do it?"

Lorelei let out a deep breath and uncrossed her arms.

"He was getting under my skin and going to grab me," she said. "I wasn't thinking."

"I wouldn't have let him touch you," Jesse said. "You didn't think I would protect you? I was coming to save you."

"I don't need saving."

"Don't you understand that he could have hurt you? Lorelei, I never want to see you hurt."

Lorelei swallowed past the lump growing in her throat. He said her real name once again.

"I'm sorry," she said softly.

What was she supposed to say? Atlas was a large man. He tried grabbing her, and she had no clue what his plan was. Would he have assaulted her?

Jesse shook his head.

"I should have never hit him," Lorelei said. "It was a mistake."

"Luckily, he won't press charges," Jesse said. "His ego could not handle it. He'll probably tell everyone I am the one that punched him."

"I don't want you to be mad at me."

Jesse sighed.

"I'm mad," he said. "I forgive you though, baby girl."

Hearing the pet name made the tension leave her muscles. Jesse held his hand out and motioned for her to approach the bed. A small smile appeared on her lips, and she walked over to him. Jesse wrapped his arms around her and pulled her onto her lap so that she was straddling him. She was suddenly aware she was not wearing underwear because Jesse had ripped them in the bathroom.

"I love you," Lorelei said.

"I will always love you, beautiful," Jesse said.

Her smile grew. She leaned forward and lightly pressed her lips against his own. Jesse kissed her tenderly. He was soft and gentle, as if she were made from glass and could break at any moment. His hands ran along her arms and back. A shiver ran up her spine, and goosebumps broke out across her skin. Their lips broke. He grazed his nose across her cheek until his lips were at her ear.

"Don't forget how much I fucking love you," he said.

Lorelei's heart fluttered in her chest. She placed her hands on his chest and grabbed fistfuls of his shirt, pulling him closer.

"I just want to make you happy," she said.

"Then never punch anyone again," he said. "Including Atlas."

"I'll try my best."

Jesse chuckled. The sound broke the remaining tension in the air. She pulled him close and kissed him again. He grabbed her hips and flipped her over, so she was on her back. Jesse trailed kisses down her neck and onto her shoulder.

Lorelei's core ached. Less than an hour ago, they had sex in the club bathroom. A few hours before that, they did anal in the hotel room. She had never been with a man before capable of having so many rounds of sex. Never in her life had she had as many orgasms as she did with Jesse.

He grabbed the soft material of the dress and ripped it open. His rough, calloused hands roamed her body. Running his fingers along her ribs and stomach, he dragged them down to her core. He circled his fingers around her clit, and she shuddered. Her wetness coated his fingers.

"I should punish you," Jesse said.

Lorelei's eyes went wide.

"Punish me?" she asked.

"Yes," he said. "Punish you. Watching you punch Atlas was sexy, but it scared me. I promise you that punishment can be fun."

"What do you plan on doing?"

"Bondage and toys."

Lorelei was even more aroused as she envisioned the things Jesse planned on doing to her body.