Chapter 3

Lorelei tried to catch her breath as she laid her head on Jesse's chest. He dragged his finger up and down her spine, causing goosebumps to spread across her skin. Her core ached from the multiple rounds of sex. Sweat soaked her hair and she was glad she did not have any make-up on because it would be a mess.

"You hungry?" Jesse asked. "I know a spot."

Lorelei smiled. She traced her fingers along the lines of ink on his chest. Jesse closed his eyes and enjoyed the feeling of her touch. She wondered if he felt the same sparks she felt whenever he touched her body.

"We need to shower," Lorelei said. "We're a mess."

"You look beautiful," he said.

She raised her head so that she could look at him. The corner of his lips tugged into a smirk. Lorelei rolled her eyes before getting off of the bed. She dragged her feet over to the bathroom mirror. Her light brown hair was messy and knotted. Her skin was flush and shining with perspiration. She shook her head when she saw the dark mark on the top of her breast. Jesse had not left on her skin since the night before Molly's bachelorette party.

"Seriously, Jesse?" she asked, loud enough for him to hear from the bed. "Another hickey?"

She could hear Jesse chuckle. She looked over her shoulder to see him leaning against the doorframe. His arms crossed over his toned chest. Lorelei looked down at the hickey and pressed her fingers into the mark.

"At least you can hide this one," he said. "I love leaving marks on you."

"How come?" she asked.

Jesse uncrossed his arms and took a step forward. He wrapped his arms around Lorelei and pulled her close. She looked up at him, and as always, was mesmerized by his blue eyes.

"I like people knowing what's mine," he said.

Lorelei scoffed before shaking her head.

"I'm not property," she said. "Besides, I thought we've moved past the jealousy."

"I was never jealous," he said.

"You thought that I was fucking Mateo."

"Alright. I was jealous once."

Lorelei tipped her head back as she laughed. She put her hand on Jesse's chest. She got up on her toes to kiss under his jaw. She pulled away and laced her fingers with her own.

"Shower with me?" she asked.

"You don't have to ask me twice," he said.

Lorelei let go of his hand and fiddled with the knobs of the shower until she could get a stream of warm water. She stepped into the shower and Jesse was close behind. He reached for the mini bottles of hotel toiletries in the shower and Lorelei cursed silently for not taking her own small bottles out of her suitcase.

Jesse's hands were all over her body as he lathered her with soap. Lorelei loved it when Jesse pampered her. He always insisted on washing her hair and cleaning her body when they were in the shower. When they would come back from a night out, especially if Lorelei had a few drinks, he would unfasten the straps on her heels for her. She did not need a man to look after her, but she selfishly enjoyed the moments Jesse was sweet.

Lorelei took the bar of soap out of Jesse's hands. She ran it along his chest and stomach. Jesse flinched when she grazed his lower ribs. He grabbed Lorelei's shoulders and kept her at distance. She was afraid she hurt him until she saw he was smiling. She raised a brow.

"Are you ticklish?" she asked.

"No," Jesse said after a moment of hesitation.

"You are!"

Lorelei reached forward, but Jesse snatched her wrists. He turned their bodies so that he could pin Lorelei against the wall. The warm water cascaded down both of them. Jesse's jaw hardened as he stared down at her. His eyes were locked on her lips, which were parted as she tried to breathe in the steamy shower.

"Watch yourself," he said.

"I think it's pretty cute you have a ticklish spot," she said. "It's like your Achilles heel."

"You have me so tempted to turn your ass bright red now."

Lorelei could not hide her smile. She liked the thought of Jesse spanking her. She always grew wet at the tingling sensation that would spread across her cheeks. If he spanked her, they would fuck again. Lorelei's stomach growled because she had not eaten since leaving the apartment for the plane. She wanted lunch. The ass spankings could wait to a different time.

"I'm sorry," Lorelei said, batting her eyes.

Jesse chuckled and loosened his grip on her wrists. She pulled out of his grip having her up against the shower wall. Jesse tensed as he thought she was moving to tickle him again, but instead, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Let me wash your hair," Jesse said. "Then, lunch."

Lorelei nodded and let go. She turned and Jesse grabbed the shampoo bottle before lathering it in her hair. She could not wipe the smile off of her lips.

--

Lorelei had attempted to use the hair dryer in the bathroom, but lost her patience and twisted her wet strands back into a braid. Jesse had taken her to a burger place that had so many options that Lorelei was embarrassed at how long it took her to make a decision. She looked around at the cheesy decor that decorated the walls. Jesse had his phone in his hands. He had been answering texts since they ordered.

"My friend wants us to go out with him and his boyfriend tonight," Jesse said, looking up from his cell. "Want to go?"

"Yes," Lorelei said. "Where are we going?"

"Gastown," he said. She raised a brow, encouraging him elaborate. "It's like the Distillery District in Toronto. It is cobblestone streets, boutiques, and restaurants. All that kind of stuff."

"Sounds cute."

"Daniel looks for any excuse to show tourists around. The guy should have become a damn guide."

Lorelei giggled. "It should be fun."

Jesse reached across the table and put his hands over Lorelei. She was always in love with the rough feeling of his calloused hands. His nails were still stained black from work.

"I can't wait for you to meet them," he said. "I can't wait to show you off to everyone."

"Except your Mom?" Lorelei asked.

Jesse broke eye contact with her and looked down at their hands.

"It's not like that," he said. "I would love for my Mom to meet you, but this isn't a good time. Marlowe can't wait to meet you though."

"Who is Marlowe?" she asked.

"My sister."

Lorelei raised a brow. Jesse had never mentioned any siblings to her before. Jesse sighed when he saw Lorelei's confusion. He tightened his grip on her hands.

"Half-sister," he clarified. "Marlowe and I don't talk often. She was angry at me for moving."

"How come?" she asked.

"Because without me she had to take care of her son and our mother alone."

Lorelei nodded. Jesse squirmed in his seat and Lorelei could tell he was uncomfortable with the subject. Their food came to the table and Lorelei moved the conversation away from his family.