Chapter 31

Lorelei and Jesse cleaned themselves in the bathroom. Running her fingers through her tangled hair, she wondered how she would fix her smudged makeup. Jesse fixed his tie after wiping the sweat off his forehead. While she was looking in the mirror, he wrapped his arms behind her and pulled her against his chest.

"We look like a mess," she said.

"You look so sexy like this," he said.

"It's obvious that we just had sex."

"Good."

Jesse grabbed Lorelei's ass. His hand slipped under the short material of her dress. She moaned and pushed her hips back.

There was a pounding on the door. Someone was knocking to enter. Lorelei jumped and pushed Jesse away. The door knob jiggled, but luckily they had locked it. Lorelei spun and pressed herself against the counter. There was another knock on the door. Jesse had a smirk as he looked over at the closed door.

"How are we going to get out of here?" Lorelei asked. "Whoever is standing outside there will know we were fucking."

"I hope he does," Jesse said.

Lorelei raised a brow as Jesse stepped back and went to the door. He opened it to see that Atlas was standing on the other side. He was scowling, and his arms were crossed over his chest. His sleeves were rolled, exposing his toned, tattooed forearms. Lorelei buried her face in her hands to hide the blush on her cheeks. Was he listening to them having sex?

"Can I help you?" Jesse asked.

There was pride in his voice. Lorelei raised her head to see he was smirking and leaning against the doorframe. A crease formed between Atlas's brows, and he was fuming.

"I think I scared off Lorelei," Atlas said.

"She's doing great right now," Jesse said. "Thanks for checking in."

Sarcasm was heavy in his voice. He stepped back and reached for Lorelei. Atlas pushed his way into the bathroom and slammed the door. Lorelei grabbed Jesse's arm and pulled him close. She used his body to block her from Atlas. There was something about his dark eyes that made her terrified.

"What do you want, Bud?" Jesse asked. "Do you not have anything better to do?"

"Why did you come here?" Atlas asked.

"To the bathroom?"

"No, to the Black Crow."

"Jody made us come. I didn't think you would be here."

"Well, I'm here."

Lorelei curled her fingers tighter into Jesse's arm. Despite talking to Jesse, Atlas did not take his eyes off Lorelei. Her heart was pounding, and her mouth was growing dry. Between the fucking and the fear, she needed a drink.

"What do you want?" Jesse asked again.

"Lorelei," Atlas said.

"Absolutely not."

Why did he want her? Why was he treating her like a possession? Did he really think Jesse would hand her to this terrifying man?

Atlas shook his head. Lorelei swallowed past the lump forming in her throat and stepped away from Jesse. He reached for her, but she held her arm to her chest.

"Who do you think you are?" Lorelei asked. "Did you seriously just ask for me like I am an object?"

Atlas's scowl slowly turned into a smile. Lorelei's stomach twisted in a knot, but she refused to shrink under his intense stare. She kept her back straight and crossed her arms.

"Fiesty," he said. "I love a brat."

"Leave her alone," Jesse snapped.

"Jesse, you really need to learn how to share."

Rage was building in Lorelei. She hated how Atlas was speaking about her. She loved Jesse, but she was not possessed by any man. Even if Jesse was dominant, he did not treat her like he owned her body. He respected her, and that made her love him even more.

Lorelei took a step forward. Jesse reached for her again, but she was out of his reach. Atlas nodded as she came up to him. It sickened Lorelei to think that Atlas thought he won.

"Sweetheart-" he started to say.

Lorelei raised her hand to silence him. He shut his mouth, and was shocked.

"Do not sweetheart me," she said. "I met you twenty minutes ago. I don't know why you think that you can just take possession of me from Jesse. I don't even know why you think that Jesse owns me in a way that he could have the ability to pass me over to another man."

"Jesse hasn't seemed to fix your attitude," he said. "If you were mine your ass would be so red and sore that you would not be able to sit for a week."

Lorelei rolled her eyes.

"Are you seriously that ignorant?" she asked. "You're not listening to me. I thought you knew about BDSM? I thought you were part of this community."

"I am," he said. "You're the new one to this. Don't try to lecture me."

"Then you know about consent," she said. "I am not consenting to you. I never have, and never will."

Atlas was fuming. A deep crease was between his brows. His fingers were curled so tight into his arm that his knuckles were turning white. His jaw hardened from him gritting his teeth.

"You don't know what you're talking about," he said. "You'll be begging to have the chance to submit to me."

"I have my doubts," she said.

"You are stubborn," he said. "I'd love to fix that."

Atlas reached forward for Lorelei. She jumped back, but he charged forward. Lorelei did not notice Jesse rushing forward. She balled up her hand into a fist and swung. Connecting with his nose, his warm blood gushed over her knuckles. Atlas screamed, and cupped his face with his hands.

Lorelei looked down at her bloody hand. Her heart was pounding. Did she just do that? She had never hit anyone before in her life.

Jesse grabbed Lorelei's arm. He pulled her forward, and they stepped around Atlas and back into the club.

Jody was standing by the bar, waiting for another drink. She waved them over, but Jesse shook his head and pulled Lorelei to the door. Jody watched them with furrowed brows. Her jaw dropped when she saw Atlas come out of the bathroom, wiping blood off his face.

Once Jesse and Lorelei were outside, he forced her into a taxi. Jesse gave the address to the hotel, sunk into his seat, and ran his fingers through his hair. Lorelei wiped her bloody knuckles on her dress, ruining the green material.

"Why are you friends with that asshole?" she asked.

"We were friends many years ago," he said. "High school kind of thing. I hadn't seen him in years."

Jesse shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Marlowe is going to kill me," he said.