Chapter 10

Lorelei was staring in the mirror as she finished brushing her teeth. Her chest tightened when Jesse's phone rang for the third time in an hour. Jesse said that it was Christina. He was refusing to answer her call.

While the phone was still ringing, Jesse walked into the bathroom. He came up behind Lorelei and slid his arms around her waist. He rested his chin on her shoulder.

"You look beautiful," he said.

Lorelei chuckled. She was wearing one of Jesse's T-shirts and her hair was tied in a bun on the top of her head. He dragged his fingers down to her bare legs before sliding his hand underneath the shirt. Goosebumps broke out across her skin.

"So fucking beautiful," she said before kissing her neck.

Lorelei closed her eyes and rolled her head back. She enjoyed the feeling of Jesse's lips on her neck and shoulder. Her core clenched when his fingers grazed across her underwear.

Jesse's phone started to ring. Jesse continued to ignore it as he ran his tongue along Lorelei's neck. She chewed on her lip as she listened to it ring. Her thoughts were consumed with the image of Christina being distressed on the other end of the line.

"Jesse," she said. "Do you think you should answer that?"

He sighed and buried his face in the crook of her neck.

"You really know how to keep ruining the mood," he said.

"I don't mean to," she said.

"Then stop mentioning my Mom."

Lorelei pulled his hands off her underwear. She turned in his hold and pressed her hands against his chest. He furrowed his brows as he looked down at her. She struggled to look him in the eye.

The phone started to ring again. Her chest tightened. What if Christina really needed help?

"What if Christina is in trouble?" she asked.

"She is always in trouble," he said. "That's why we're in Vancouver."

Lorelei let out a deep breath. Jesse put his hand under her chin and lifted her head so that she was forced to make eye contact. His phone finally stopped ringing.

"I have gone through this hundreds of times," he said. "She's just drunk right now and wants to yell at me about something that is not my fault."

"She's done this before?" Lorelei asked.

"Plenty of times in the past ten years."

Lorelei closed her eyes. The tension slightly eased from her muscles. She could not fully relax because she thought about Jesse having to listen to his own mother scream at him drunk. She wrapped her arms around Jesse's waist and rested her head against his chest.

"Let's get to bed," he said. "I bet you're tired. I'll put my phone on silent so that my Mom doesn't bother us anymore."

"You must be tired too," she said.

Jesse laughed. "I am always tired."

---

Lorelei tossed and turned as she struggled to sleep. Jesse's arms were usually around her when she woke up, and she would nuzzle into him and fall back asleep. She loved how content and safe she could feel being with Jesse.

She rolled back onto her side. A chill ran through her bones as she did not feel Jesse's arms. She opened her eyes to see Jesse sitting on the edge of the bed. His back was to her and he was haunched over.

Lorelei pushed herself up so that she was kneeling behind Jesse. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Her eyes were heavy, but she squinted to see the bright screen in Jesse's hands. It was a string of text messages with foul language from Christina. Jesse sighed and turned the phone off. The hotel room was dark.

"We should have never come," Jesse said. "I knew this would be a big mistake."

"Why don't we go back to Toronto early?" Lorelei asked.

"We could," he said. "I can change the flight."

Lorelei smiled and ran her hands down Jesse's bare chest. She kissed his neck and could feel the tension leaving his muscles.

"We still have vacation time," she said. "I'm sure we'll find ways to spend it."

Jesse chuckled. He grabbed Lorelei's hands as they got dangerously close to his ticklish spot Lorelei now knew about.

"My sister Marlowe wants us to get breakfast together in the morning," he said. "Maybe we can go back tomorrow."

"Whatever you like."

A wicked smile grew across Jesse's lips. He pulled Lorelei's hands off of him and turned. Lorelei was still kneeling on the bed. She looked up at Jesse. He grabbed her chin in a possessive hold. She smiled and shuffled forward as he pulled her closer. She straightened and put her hands on his shoulders.

"We should really go back to sleep," Lorelei said before winking.

"Are you tired?" he asked. Lorelei shook her head. "Well then, I better tire you out."

Jesse pushed Lorelei back so that she was lying in the bed. Jesse kneeled on the bed and grabbed the waistband of her underwear and ripped them off. He dipped his head in between her legs. Lorelei gasped as Jesse ran his tongue across her sensitive spot. Her body shuddered as he sucked on her clit. She grabbed his hair and pulled him closer to his body as the pleasure built in her core.

Jesse moved his mouth off her clit and ran his tongue down her slit. Lorelei whimpered as her legs trembled. Her clit throbbed and was begging to be touched. She reached down to rub herself, but Jesse snatched her wrist before she could provide herself with any pleasure. He pinned her hand onto the bed. She reached with her other hand, but he also grabbed and held her down by her wrists. He raised his head from between her legs.

"You want to be touched?" he asked.

Lorelei nodded. Jesse shifted himself on the bed. He let go of one of Lorelei's hands and placed his finger on his clit. He did not move his finger but applied pressure. Lorelei let out a long moan. She bucked her hips in an attempt for him to rub her.

Jesse swirled his finger around her clit at an agonizingly slow rate. Lorelei curled her fingers into the sheets. She closed her eyes and enjoyed Jesse's touch as he picked up the pace. She continued to move her hips to have him rub her faster.

"You look beautiful like that," Jesse said.

Jesse rubbed her clit faster in a circular motion. Lorelei's toes curled as she was on the edge of orgasm. She loved how Jesse had such an effect on her body.

"I'm going to cum," she moaned.

"Cum for me, baby girl," he said.

Lorelei cried out as pleasure washed through her body. Jesse continued to rub his finger as she rode out her orgasm. She was panting for breath and had stars in her vision when she brushed the strands of hair off her face. Jesse leaned forward and put his finger into Lorelei's mouth. She tasted herself as she sucked on his fingers. Jesse's smile grew wider.

"You should sleep well now," he said.

Lorelei giggled. Her arms wobbled as she climbed back under the blankets. Jesse held her close to his chest. She could feel her wetness on the inside of her thighs.

Jesse was right though. She slept solidly until the morning.