"You did well my cherry pie."

Cooed her mom as they playfully giggled together.

"How did you have her mother's number?"

Kamil asked, still facing his plate.

His mother sighed and started her long story.

"I didn't, I tried for her uncle, Eos, he's the last recorded lycan of the continent, if she wanted to know about it, it was better to have the same likes of her explaining. But, I didn't have his number either, so I called your uncle, my younger brother. The last we talked, he told me that Eos was staying in their territory for you know, Kevin so I tried but Ritha answered, his mate and per pure coïncidence, her mom was next to her."

This was why I hated Ice Moon, they had information we were not allowed to get and they had no intention to share any of them.
Since when, lycan were not an extinct species and how did their family were in contact with one.
We exchanged a knowing look with Kamil before he spoke.

"She lets you hear it because you're mates but all matters regarding lycans are dealt with by our territory or more specifically by our family."

I scoffed. Being in the same room as Kamil was never easy, my wolf demanded respect and he wasn't one to bow. His blood made him hold his ground and this internal tension came back to the surface as Volker could only be tamed by his mate.

"Don't forget who you're talking to."

I tried to swallow the growl coming up but I didn't forget that I was in his house in a territory foreign to the one I ruled.

This cutlery clashed louder in this tense situation, Serah did not come back, Kamil and his stepdad didn't utter a word and Kesa was thoroughly concentrated on her piece of meat.
Only Jeorgia, from time to time, she'd ask about Red Crescent, my sister, the rogues...

"Mom, what was the deal with aunt Inhana."

Again, words I could not comprehend but his mom did not bat an eyelid before responding.

"Sister, it's quite a long story, I'd rather talk when Serah gets back, but one thing for sure, she was the one who was the most involved with them."

"What do you mean by that?"

Her words were full of riddles, people from here were not taught how to properly convey information. How did they survive for god's sake?

"You could say, she was the reason Serah's grandparents met."

Both Kamil's eyes and I went wide to the revelation but my mind had been clouded by the angry steps I felt from my chair.

"Kamil, deal with her, I feel her anger in my blood and my wolf is frightened."

"Mom, I'm the same, you know. Kesa, you should go, it worked once."

"I won't, you promised me a piggyback ride and you lied. Kamil is a liar so I don't care if she shouts at you."

"Babe-"

Her husband abruptly left the table, never letting his wife finish her question. To say less, no one wanted to deal with her not so positive vibes.

"I will."

I cracked into this mess of an atmosphere she created.
Kamil laughed at the idea.

"Please feel free, I think she would open her arms wide to hug into a warm welcome."

I followed the husband's steps and I went to reach the door. I ignored his sarcasm knowing that if I talked it wasn't words I'd be using.

"Dear, he's right, she needs to calm down and you won't-"

I growled at Jeorgia's insinuation, she was someone I respected and it needed to go both ways.

"She's my mate."

I left them with only one thing in mind, finding her. It wasn't hard, she was down the first storey.
Our eyes met, and I expected her to turn away but she went right forward not sparing me anymore attention.
I positioned myself to be right in front of so she'll be confronted with my frame. She knew I was blocking her way so she stubbornly tried to dodge the obstacle but I was as determined as her.

"Jay, if you're going, just go, you breathing next to me is irritating enough."

Her golden hues never reached my blue ones as she was looking far behind me. But I got closer and forced our gazes to be one.
I could feel the mixture in stomach and I imprisoned her hands so she wouldn't run away.

"Look at me Serah, don't you feel irritated and all over the place?"

"If you weren't this close I wouldn't be this agitated."

I went in closer, face to face, her breath fanning my skin and her heartbeat erratic, lost probably like mine.

"Think again, how do you feel right now?"

We were inches away, both our animalistic side on edge to the sudden closeness. My hands in hers, working our fingers to intertwine them.
To my surprise, she closed the gap between our bodies leaving nothing for our brains to proceed. My hands gently traveled to her face cupping her soft cheeks. I make some air between us, to have a better view on the zone I would dive in. And I did.

Her lips tasted the same, heaven. The pace was slow, our tongue did not dare getting involved but it was enough. Enough for her at least, so her mind would be at peace.
She broke away from the contact, with her eyes still in daze. She paused for a moment to regain the air her lungs needed and I could perceive her inner turmoil.
She was supposed to hate me but I was the only one offering this type of comfort.
I kissed her again, not leaving her the chance to count all the pros and cons of my action. I would probably lose all my rights for skinship then.

This time, I slowly pull my lips away still grazing hers but she didn't miss a beat to suck on them. Our supposedly innocent kiss was on its way to be indecent but I managed to pull away before my whole body put a claim on her.

I acted on my instinct to ease her nerves, not to trip her into having sex outdoors. Not that I would complain, but I was sure she would regret it. Her body surrendered to our bond but I broke what our heart built with my foolishness, until I mended our connection I would not force her affection.

"Do you feel better?"

Her ambers fluttered through her eyelashes, but her regard did not waver.

"I hated not hating it."

Her voice was poised leaving nothing but a blatant truth.

"I feel better too."

She ran away.
But Volker was content with the little skin ship she allowed. There was still a chance between us and I was ready to work for it.
She was really confused, for once, it was neither black or white, she was in a place foreign to her habits and I was there, in that place where she had no control over.

...

Thank you for keeping up!!
If you could comment or like, it would mean the world to me.
Anyway, I'm sincerely grateful.