"What?" I jumped up from my chair almost screaming.

Jongho shushed me and let me sit back down, "He is but they didn't let me in. We tried, San. You know we did, but it was hard enough for me to get to see you, we couldn't do better than this. I'm sorry"

"No, please. Don't be. You're doing so much for me already. I was just - I didn't expect it" I smiled trying to let him know that what he did was enough. It was.

"Lisa called too" he added "She's worried for you too, asked me if she could do anything"

"Don't even name her. I want nothing from her"

"She's a bit calculating, but she doesn't hate you" he tried to cut the tension.

The beginning of that spring was very hard. Life in prison is hard to imagine. There was no trial, no prosecution, they just kept me locked in there. The prosecutor and the officer in charge of the bank investigations were kind enough to me, almost friendly in the end. Finally one day, out of the blue, they told me I was free. An unjustified release, which put an end to equally unjustified detention. 

When I crossed the threshold of the district prison with Jongho and my lawyer I did not expect to see him. But there he stood. Leaning on the car, arms crossed, long black hair covering his face. Mine forever, Woo. Months had passed since the last time I had seen him but he handn't change much, he was still breathtaking. When our eyes met he looked at me from head to toe, as if to understand what it was that I was missing. I couldn't help but smile sadly, he looked the same, but probably months in jail had changed me. We didn't say a word except for a shy 'hi' whispered to eachother when we were close enough, but Wooyoung's eyes never left me.

We sat together on the backseats of Jongho's car. I looked out of the window, I was free, I was going back to Seoul, that city that I knew so well. I was lost in my thoughts when suddenly I felt something brushing my hand. Wooyoung's fingers interlocked with mine. He was looking at me, his eyes so firm and stubborn didn't leave mine for even a second. 

When the car finally stopped I realized where we were. Jongho was the first one to get out, Wooyoung smiled and after leaving my hand opened his door too. I exited last. My mom's house was right in front of my eyes.

"I'll wait here" Wooyoung was standing next to me, he gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze and pushed me forward as he leaned against the car.

I couldn't make one step that the main door swung open and my mother came out running. She didn't say a word and just ran to me, she clung to my arms with both hands with all the strength she had. She sobbed as I kept her between my arms trying to stay calm.

"It's all right, omma. It's over, I'm here" I whispered, my voice breaking too.

My mom started crying even louder. One more pair of arms hugged us both, when I raised my head I saw Haneul. Her eyes were shiny but she wasn't crying. She just started at me with a fond smile.

"I'm so glad that you're safe, San-ah" she said cupping my cheek, "omma, stop crying, please" my sister tried to calm her too.

Feeling that my mother calmed down little by little, slowly I began to realize: I turned, my mom still in my arms, and I looked at Wooyoung. He was smiling. I felt a warm feeling invading my whole body from the inside: it was a happy moment. The most important people of my life where all there, for me. 

I felt my mother's body leaving my arms. She wasn't crying anymore. Her eyes were on Wooyoung that stared back at her with worry. I held my breath and then it happened. My mother bowed. Wooyoung's jaw dropped with mine. It didn't last too long, she stood back up without saying a word, her eyes just met Wooyoung's once again, and while I was looking at them I could see the tenderness in my mother's gaze.

"I'm happy that you're back, my lovely boy" she turned her attention back to me, "I don't want to hold you back any longer" I looked at her trying to understand but she didn't give me the time to ask "Go with your friends, you can come and see me during next days. Now go and enjoy this freedom!"

I hugged her and kissed Haneul's cheek before jumping back in Jongho's car. 

"Where are we going now? I'm dying for a shower" I asked

"You can use my shower, we're going to my place"

Jongho didn't plan a real party but once I was out of the shower, fresh and clean, his apartment was alreay smelling of alcohol and cigarettes. For the most part it was Mingi's fault, whom between a beer and a smoke was harassing Wooyoung with his lame jokes. I didn't expect it, but Wooyoung looked like he was having fun. Jongho came towards me with two glasses in his hands and offered me one.

"Welcome back, bro" he said.

"Bro?" I laughed, "How many of these have you chugged already?" 

It was a nice evening. The first one to get drunk was me, soon followed by Mingi. Jongho was only a bit tipsy, while Wooyoung didn't drink much.

"Jongho-ya, I want to make a t-toast" I put my arm around his shoulders "to my loyal friend, that never gave up on me and–and used all his savings to bail me out! I really love you, jagiya"

I tried to kiss him, but he pushed me away laughing "Let's not talk about it anymore, okay? You would have done the same for me"

"I wouldnbeso – so sure!" Mingi babbled.

I turned to Wooyoung who sat at the table and looked at us laughing. I sat next to him and put my hand on his thigh.

"I need to thank you too"

"For what?" he smiled to me and put his hand over mine on his leg.

"For that note that you sent me. If I hadn't received it I wouldn't have survived in that hellhole"

In the end the case was closed. All charges that had been attributed to me were rejected for lack of evidence but since in my company many financial questions remained open I had to pay a huge fine, after which I was able to get back in possession of my belongings. I was satisfied with how the matter had ended: despite having suffered serious losses I could prepare myself and come back into play. 

A/N

I promised a quick update, so here we are! I'm writing a lot because I'm sick and I had lots of free time during this weekend. If you haven't seen it yet 👉🏻 there's a new story on my profile! It's a WOOSAN ONESHOT (spoiler: smut!) about that swimmingpool video - don't pretend, you know what I'm talking about!

 If you haven't seen it yet 👉🏻 there's a new story on my profile! It's a WOOSAN ONESHOT (spoiler: smut!) about that swimmingpool video - don't pretend, you know what I'm talking about!

This is it ☝🏻

❤️ If you like smutty ff go and check it out.

About this chapter: a penny for your thoughts!