Twenty-one.

"Maybe we just overreacted" Wooyoung looked up from the cutting board where he was chopping the spring onion.

"I don't know Woo, she seemed really mad to me" I frowned.

"She looked pissed, I agree, but maybe it was for someother reason. You talked to her many times since then and she never brought it up, did she?"

Wooyoung was right: couple of weeks had passed since my mother caught Woo and I together, but she didn't bring it up. Not even once. I thought she would try to split us up but maybe I didn't know her as well as I thought. 

"Do you want sesame seeds on top?"

I nodded. The smell of kimchi fried rice invaded the kitchen and I felt my stomach growling with hunger. Wooyoung was very good at cooking, a talent that I would have exploited much earlier if I had known. I stood up from my seat and I approached the stove where Wooyoung was toasting the sesame. I hugged him from behind pressing my lips on the left side of his neck leaving an open mouth kiss there.

"You look very hot in this apron, next time you should wear it with nothing else underneath" I whispered in his ear.

He pushed me away playfully "You can't disturb the chef while he's cooking. Set the table instead, it's almost ready"

"Boring..." I poked his side, "How about I invite the chef out for a drink to thank him for the delicious dinner?"

"Mmmh, sounds fun. Any place in mind?"

"A friend of mine opened a new bar in Itaewon, wanna try it?" I suggested.

"Don't you care if your friend sees us together? Or do you want me to pretend to be your hyung's son?" 

His head was low and I couldn't see his beautiful eyes but I knew that even the thought of it made him sad. I approached him again, taking the plates he held in his hands and I put them on the table. 

"Young-ah, look at me!" I put a finger under his chin lifting his face so that he could look me in the eyes, "I don't care if he sees us together and I don't want you to push yourself doing something you don't like. I just want us to have a nice evening together, okay?"

He smiled, a reassured look lighting up his eyes.

"I love you!" I said in a whisper while I leaned in to kiss him.

He didn't answered but he kissed me back. He never did. I never pushed him to say it back, I knew he loved me: his actions, the way his body reacted to mine, the looks he gave me, the way he touched me or spoke to me, everything was screaming that he loved me back. But he never said that out loud and - even if it was stupid of me to feel that way - it kinda hurt.

___

I couldn't take my eyes off of Wooyoung while he was sipping on his drink. I was so used to see him dressed in baggy casual clothes that having him in a black suit in front of me was driving me crazy. I craved to touch his body, to leave hickeys on his collarbone showing so clearly thanks to the plunging V-neckline of his sleevless shirt. One of his hands flews to his neck to fix the silver chain he had chosen as a necklace. I followed his fingers tracing lines on his tanned skin wishing they were mine.

"You're drooling!" he mocked me "Stop staring!"

"I can't. You're breathtaking" I burned for him.

"People are watching" he turned around feeling eyes on us.

"Let them" I stretched out a hand to grab his resting on the table and ran my thumb across his knuckles.

Seoul nights • Woosanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें