Part - 52

Mallika was watching TV and enjoying her bowl of ice cream when Pallavi and Vishal came to Sanjay's residence.

"How are you?" Pallavi asked as she sat down on the sofa, and Vishal sat beside her. 

"Pretty bad! I look like a whale, I'm just getting bigger and bigger," Mallika said. 

Pallavi chuckled at her whining and said, "nah, you look just fine."

"I agree with her," Vishal said. 

Mallika smiled at them. "Stop lying, guys. I know you are saying that to console my heart. I just can't wait to deliver the baby and get back into shape."

"I got something that will cheer you up." Pallavi said as she handed over her bags. "Check out what I brought!" 

Inside the bags there were some personally designed beautiful pregnancy dresses. 

"They are beautiful! Did you design these for me?" Mallika's mood instantly changed into a delighted one. 

"Yep! I personally designed these dresses for you keeping in mind your preferences and your pregnant belly," Pallavi replied with a smile.

"I loved these dresses.Thank you, Pallavi," Mallika exclaimed.

Pallavi was thrilled to hear that Mallika loved her gifts.

Mallika's eyes fell on her ice cream bowl on the center table, the ice cream had melted completely, and she realized she hadn't offered any snacks or beverages to her friends. "I'm so sorry, Pallavi, Vishal, I am such a bad host, I haven't offered you guys anything to eat. I'll ask the servant to bring beverages and some snacks for us…" Mallika said as tried to get up. But Pallavi stopped her and said, "no, thanks, Mallika. We are good. I should be leaving now, actually my flight to New York is tomorrow and I have some packing left to do."

"You are leaving again without meeting Parvati and Suyash?" Mallika asked. 

A pining melancholy filled Pallavi's heart. Since that night of Vishal's engagement, Pallavi wanted to seek forgiveness from ParYash but couldn't, feeling too ashamed of herself. She didn't desire to cause any more pain in her friend's life, and had lost hope of being forgiven as she felt anyone in Parvati and Suyash's place would not find it easy to forgive her after what she had done to them. She felt like she had messed up too much.

"I know, Pallavi, how remorseful you feel about the past, and want to badly mend your relationship with Parvati and Suyash, just listen to your heart. Go and meet them," Mallika said, and Vishal kept his hand on Pallavi's hand, encouraging her and agreeing with Mallika. 

Parvati was at the grand party hall of a luxurious hotel making sure everything was set up just right for the big party that was going to happen later that day as she and Suyash decided to throw a party to commemorate the successful merger when Mallika gave her a call. After Pallavi left saying she will give a thought regarding meeting ParYash, Mallika decided to talk to Parvati. 

"Pallavi was at my house just a few minutes ago, she said she is leaving for New York tomorrow…"

Parvati felt a wave of sadness washing over her as Mallika mentioned Pallavi. She did sometimes miss her friend though she never expressed it to anyone. She wasn't in contact with Pallavi, but she would get news about her now and then through Mallika who had patched up with Pallavi long back. She got to know that Pallavi accepted the working opportunity in New York and settled there, and had become a successful fashion designer and also made her dream of starting her own fashion brand come true. Mallika had even informed her that Pallavi felt regretful and wanted to patch up their broken friendship with her, but Parvati remained unconcerned.