Part - 19

Suyash could not take his eyes off his wife from the moment she entered the board room. Parvati blushed and avoided making eye contact with him, who was sitting opposite her. But she had to look at him when he talked or when she gave her suggestions. 

ParYash were happy about their ongoing hospital project which would be completed ahead of its schedule. After the meeting ParYash were alone and Parvati smiled at Suyash. "Mr.Mehra, did you even pay attention to what was going on in the meeting?"

 "Why are you asking that?" He looked at her with confusion.

She took a step closer to him. "Because, dear husband, the look you had on your face in the meeting said you were focusing only on me."

He gently pulled her closer to him by her waist. "Your husband is good at multitasking. I can focus on my wife and work at the same time."

She giggled. "It's almost lunchtime, shall we have lunch together?"

Suyash looked at her apologetically. "I have business lunch to attend. Sorry."

"I understand." She pecked a kiss on his lips. "You don't have to feel bad about it, but I won't forgive you if you don't come to rehearsals."

Suyash chuckled. "You can forgive your husband for not taking you out for lunch but you will not forgive if he doesn't come for rehearsals?!"

Parvati smiled. "Yes."

"Pallavi is lucky to have a friend like you," he said.

She circled arms around his neck. "No, I am lucky to have mother, you and Pallavi in my life."

Suyash smiled and leaned in to kiss her lips, but jerked back when his secretary knocked on the door. Parvati suppressed her laughter.

"Enter." His charming and authoritative voice echoed in the room. A girl in a black business suit opened the door and came in to remind Suyash about the business lunch. She left obediently after Suyash thanked her and asked her to leave. 

"So where were we?" He pulled Parvati again closer to him. She raised herself on her toes and kissed his lips softly and he responded with the same affectionate feeling. 

She pulled back and smiled. "You should go now."

In the evening Narayani and Parvati were at the parking lot of their company. 

"Today has been a very busy day for you, mother, please take a good rest at home," Parvati said. "I will wait for Mr.Mehra, he will be here soon."

Narayani laughed, "poor Suyash, he has to do modeling because of you."

Parvati had informed Narayani earlier in the day about Suyash helping Pallavi, and Narayani didn't interfere in Parvati and Suyash's decision. Parvati controlled her urge to roll her eyes. "Mother, Mr.Mehra is not any poor naive soul who is forced to do modeling. You have taught me that helping and caring for others are good deeds and Mr.Mehra is doing a good deed by helping Pallavi, nothing great about it."

"It is not less than any great sacrifice, dear, think from Suyash's perspective, his world revolves around business and the financial market. He has maintained a certain image and now he is ignoring all that and agreed for modeling. It must be embarrassing for him, moreover he doesn't have any experience in modeling yet he is ready to learn and do it for you. He really loves you."

Her mother's words made her smile. 

"I will leave now." Narayani got into her car. Parvati looked at the car going away and smiled, recollecting her mother's words that Suyash loves her.  Possibility of Suyash loving her gave immense joy to her heart but her heart sank the very moment when she remembered Suyash's words that he didn't love her and would never be interested in feelings such as love.