Part - 41

Parvati took her time to come back home so that it would be believable that she indeed had an abortion in case her mother came to know about it.

Narayani was waiting for her in the main hall.

"Mother…"

Parvati forced a smile at her mother, and desperately searched for an excuse as she felt her mother might be worried about her because she had gone missing the whole day leaving her work and didn't even inform her mother where she had been, but she was left stunned when a tight slap landed on her cheek.

"Why did you abort the baby, Parvati?!"

Parvati held her burning cheek and tears spilled from her eyes, as she doubted, her mother got to know about the abortion through Suyash, and she had never seen her mother fuming in such rage before.

"What did that innocent life do to get such a punishment?!"

Narayani gave another hard slap on her other cheek.

"Why did you do that, Parvati?!"

"Because I hate Suyash Mehra, mother!" Parvati cried out in frustration, "he wanted to be with me only because of his baby and this was the last resort to get rid of him from my life!" 

"What should I do with this girl?!" Narayani held her forehead in despair and helplessness. "Open your eyes, Parvati! He loves you!" She grasped Parvati's arm firmly. "Why are you punishing him so much for loving you?" 

"Love? Now his baby is no more, he wants divorce, mother!" Parvati vented out her anger. "That proves I was right, he never loved me and wanted me only for his baby."

"Parvati…"

"Mother, I cannot live with that man!" Parvati shouted, and stormed off to her room without listening to anything further from Narayani.

Narayani sat down on the sofa and a feeling of sheer helplessness took over her. Her eyes brimmed with tears. Her heart shattered after knowing that Suyash had agreed for the divorce, she wished to stop him as she knew her daughter could never find a better man than him, but she wouldn't. She couldn't be greedy only thinking of her daughter's life and make Suyash suffer more in this marriage. 

Meanwhile Suyash was sitting on the soft sand of the beach. The sky had turned from blue to orange, and golden light was shimmering on the waves. The warm water had started becoming cold. As these waves dashed, the noises soothed him every time and it felt like an escape to all his problems and also his pain. Heavy wind blew against him and people's smiles and laughter could be seen and heard. He looked around and saw the beautiful sight of a young couple walking along the seashore holding the hands of their toddler who seemed almost two years old. The giggles and laughter of that baby everytime gentle waves touched his little feet and the happiness on his parents' face made his pain fresh and severe in his heart. He felt all his ache and regret coming back as he imagined himself and Parvati and their baby in place of that couple and their toddler. 

Parvati shouldn't have aborted his child! He stifled his tears. But can he blame her for what happened? His heart bled with guilt. He could not blame her as he held himself solely responsible for everything. His baby lost his life because of his mistake, the woman who loved him with all her heart and soul now hated him like anything because he broke her heart though it wasn't his fault entirely but it didn't matter now. He lost everything. He felt deeper pain of regret and loss. 

People on the beach were leaving as the sky was turning dark, but Suyash sat there drowning in sorrow.

He really really loved Parvati, he didn't mean it when he said in the hospital that he hated her, it was out of anger and impulsiveness, he would always love her and didn't want her to leave him, but he could not force her to stay married to him when there was no love in her heart for him anymore. Maybe time had come to set her free. He wiped his teary eyes and took out his mobile to contact his lawyer.  

Otherhand Parvati was standing near the window in her room staring blankly at the darkened sky. Tears coursed down her cheeks. She felt awful lying to her mother, making her mother sad and angry. It was hurting her very much, but she had no choice. If she had told the truth to her mother, her mother would definitely inform Suyash about it, and she wouldn't be able to get a divorce from him. Once her divorce would be granted by court, then it wouldn't matter if the truth came out. She would easily fight for the custody of her baby. 

Suddenly her mind recollected the moment when Suyash said that he hated her. She cried silently. It shouldn't bother her when he had cheated on her yet it hurt like hell to hear those words from the only man whom she allowed in her heart, gave herself completely to him and loved him deeply.  

Enough crying for him! She would say every time yet couldn't help shed tears yearning for him. 

He claimed to love her but when he came to know that his baby was no more, he didn't take a second to agree to divorce her. He never loved her. Her anger came back as she thought about it. She would make him suffer for breaking her heart, and she hadn't done anything wrong by lying about aborting his child and making him miserable. He deserved it. She was very angry at him. 

Whereas Pallavi was in a cheerful mood. It always felt good to her seeing ParYash suffer. As she had expected the lie about abortion had been the final nail in the coffin of Parvati and Suyash's marriage. Finally Suyash had agreed to divorce Parvati. She felt so peaceful and happy. She wanted to celebrate it with Vishal, ofcourse she wouldn't say the actual reason to him, and wanted to spend good time with him tonight. She was in her apartment and called him.

"Hi babe! Are you free tonight?" 

Vishal was in his hospital cabin about to leave when she called him.

"Yes," he replied, "you seemed in a good mood."

"Hmmm…Yes, can we have dinner tonight in my apartment?" Pallavi asked.

"Ok," he said. "Are you cooking tonight?"

"In your dreams!"

Vishal smiled at her words and said, "I wish to eat food prepared by you, anyways I will be there soon. I hope tonight will be more than just a dinner invitation?"

"Maybe you will get more if you come here quickly," Pallavi smirked. 

Vishal got excited. "I will be there in a blink."

Pallavi laughed and disconnected the call.

In Sanjay Doshi's residence, SD was in his favorite corner of the mansion; the bar corner. He was sipping his drink and longingly looking at the pictures of him and Mallika in his mobile. As Suyash suggested he should talk to her and explain himself rather than sulk in the corner, he realized and sighed, missing her. Just then a message from Mallika asking him if he would meet up with her tomorrow in their favorite restaurant brought a wide smile on his lips. He jumped out of his seat and immediately replied yes.