Part - 21

"Pallavi Gupta." Pallavi shook hands with Vishal.

"Kavya never stops raving about you."

"I hope she had good things to say about me?" 

"Yes, there's no doubt that my sister is a big fan of you and your work."

Suyash didn't miss noticing a blush on Pallavi's face Vishal's words had brought.

"This is my dear friend Suyash Mehra." Pallavi introduced Suyash to Vishal. 

They discussed Suyash's weight loss plan. Suyash had no health issues nor he had a dad bod, his stomach was toned so Vishal assured it would not be much difficulty losing desired weight though he said losing 1 or 1.5 kg per week is recommended. He gave instructions about the strict crash diet for Suyash. 

Meanwhile when Parvati came back home, she lied to her mother that she was bored in Pallavi's studio. Parvati and Narayani decided to have mother daughter time by preparing dinner together.  

"Mother, let's cook okra. Mr. Mehra loves it!" Parvati suggested with a grin as she entered the kitchen. "What happened, mother, why are you looking at me like that?" She asked when Narayani just kept looking at her sweetly. 

"Nothing, it's adorable how my daughter's life revolves around her husband," Narayani replied. "This is what love does to us dear, our life starts revolving around the person we love, we just think about their likes and dislikes and ways to make them happy like now you want to prepare Suyash's favourite okra to make him happy."

Parvati smiled. Her mother wasn't wrong. She wanted to do everything which would make Suyash happy. 

"In fact you were in love with him since long back, remember the first time we invited Suyash to our home for dinner, you prepared all the dishes he loves and you were so happy when he complimented your cooking skills," Narayani said.

Parvati blushed. Her mother wasn't wrong again. It was unbelievable and foolish that she took so long to realize her feelings for Suyash.

"You are right, mother, I love him so much," Parvati confessed and blushed more. 

Narayani's happiness knew no bounds. Finally she realized! She thought and asked, "did you tell Suyash about your feelings?"  

Parvati shook her head negatively. 

Narayani sighed. "Why didn't you tell him, Parvati? My dear, remember my advice: it's important to communicate with your partner, tell him how you feel, and express all your thoughts to him. It will help him understand you and love you more."

Parvati felt a pang of guilt in her heart. She knew she had been hiding her feelings and thoughts from Suyash, be it about her love for him or about Pallavi's rude behaviour towards her. Telling him about Pallavi is not the right choice at the moment, she thought to herself, but she can at least confess her love for him and she must do it soon, maybe tonight itself. 

"Tell him soon, dear. Suyash will be very happy, as I told you earlier he loves you. I can see love in his eyes for you," Narayani's voice pulled Parvati out of her thoughts. 

Parvati remained silent. She really hoped her mother was right, anyway she had decided to tell him about her feelings and wait for him. She would not force him for anything. 

Parvati and Narayani prepared dinner together and waited for Suyash. It was getting late and Parvati made a phone call to ask him about when he would be back. 

Pallavi was sitting at the table ready for her food to arrive in a restaurant and looked at the buzzing Suyash's mobile. She smiled, a cunning thought played in her mind when she saw Parvati's name as caller id and picked up the call.