Part - 48

Parvati woke up to the feeling of nausea. She opened her eyes, the rays of morning sun was peeking through the gaps of the curtains, and she felt the bile rising in her throat. She got out of bed and hurried to the bathroom as fast as her five month pregnant body could allow her.

Collecting her hair in her one fist, she leaned in front of the basin. 

Suyash stirred in his sleep and stretched his hand. He opened his eyes when he didn't feel his wife's presence and heard the gagging sounds coming from the bathroom. He felt bad for his wife. For the almost past two months his darling wife's mornings began in the same manner and sensitivity to smell sometimes would also induce nausea in her in later part of the day. 

When Parvati was done vomiting, she stepped out of the bathroom and grabbed the towel to dry her face. 

"Morning sickness, again?" Suyash said as he got up and leaned against the bed headboard. 

She nodded her head, smiling slightly. She settled down on the bed beside him slowly, and rested her head on his shoulder. "I am never getting pregnant again."

Suyash smiled at her words and brought his hand around her in a comforting embrace. 

Later in the day, Mallika had come to Pallavi's studio. Pallavi was shocked when Mallika informed her decision of not working with her.

Pallavi finally understood the reason behind why she was losing work opportunities one by one from the past month. She understood Suyash was the reason for all her troubles.  Just a phone call of simple requests or a promise of investment from the business tycoon Suyash Mehra would be enough to lure fashion houses and her clients to end their contracts with her. She felt infuriated, but she remained calm and composed in front of Mallika and Kavya. The thing which worried her most at the moment was that Kavya had got to know the truth that she tried to ruin Parvati and Suyash's marriage, and she feared about the news reaching Vishal and losing him.

"You know I am dating Sanjay, and Suyash is his cousin so Suyash is like my family now. You tried to destroy Suyash and Parvati's marriage, and I would never want to keep any ties with anyone who tries to harm my family. I'm sorry, Pallavi, I'm withdrawing my plans of working with you," Mallika said respectfully and left. Mallika and Sanjay were appalled when ParYash informed them about Pallavi. Though Suyash had not asked Mallika to cut her ties with Pallavi in personal or professional life, she made up her mind of distancing herself from Pallavi on her own. 

Pallavi was left numb, her whole career would be ruined as nobody was interested in working with her and the so called friends of her's from her work circle had abandoned her. At the moment she ignored her thoughts regarding work and ParYash, and looked up at Kavya who was standing beside her table.

Pallavi got up from her chair and said, "Kavya, about what Mallika said…I had my reasons for what I did…"

"Pallavi ma'am, you don't need to explain anything to me. I'm sure you had valid reasons, and trust me I don't want any explanations," Kavya said and smiled. For a brief moment Kavya was pretty shocked after knowing Pallavi's deeds. She had never expected her favorite Pallavi ma'am wanting to ruin Suyash and his wife's life when they had been such good friends to her, but it didn't bother Kavya much nor  interested in knowing anything more. Only she was aware of Pallavi and Vishal's relationship from her family and she assured Pallavi that she would not tell anything to Vishal. "and ma'am, please don't worry about my brother coming to know about it. I won't tell him anything. Please consider it as if my lips are zipped tight."

Pallavi looked immensely relieved hearing Kavya as she would be so devastated if Vishal got to know everything. She hugged Kavya with warmth. "Thank you, you are an absolute sweetheart."