Part - 23

Suyash was in his cabin, forcing himself to concentrate on the file in front of him but his growling stomach didn't let him. It was the eighth day of his intermittent fasting and Suyash felt he wouldn't survive till the day the fashion show takes place. He was never the one who eats a lot, but a person should eat at least a decent three meals a day to survive and he was not getting that for the past seven days. Just one meal and some green and a fruit per day had helped him greatly to lose weight as planned but it had affected him physically and emotionally. He started feeling weak and getting angry easily. To add to his distress he had to manage his work, rehearsals and gyming without any rest. What annoyed him more was he was not getting a chance to spend time with his wife. 

Everyday Parvati would make some excuses to avoid accompanying Suyash to rehearsals and he used to come home late at night and she would have fallen asleep by that time. And every morning he had to leave for the gym early though he had a personal gym room at home but Pallavi had insisted that he should do exercises guided by the instructor so that he would do the right exercises to lose weight. 

He wanted to talk to his wife, spend some quality time with her and craved their intimacy. He looked at the time, it was nearly lunchtime. She would definitely be free now. 

Why didn't I think of this earlier? He mentally chided himself. 

He felt it would be a lovely opportunity to spend time with her during lunchtime and immediately dialled her number. 

Parvati was in her cabin, she shifted her gaze from her computer screen to her mobile screen and smiled seeing her husband's call. 

"Can we meet now at home?" Suyash asked. "It's lunchtime, I'm free and you might be too."

She painfully gulped down her urge to say yes to spend time with him and lied, "Mr.Mehra, actually I'm busy. I have a business lunch to attend."

"Do you ever have time for your husband?!" His anger shot up. "Forget it."

"Mr.Mehra…" 

He had already disconnected the call. She was surprised a little at his outburst but she couldn't blame him, because she understood his distressing situation and she felt terrible for making him go through it. 

Just wait for a little longer, dear husband, I will put an end to all your complaints, she smiled thinking to herself. Tomorrow would be Suyash's birthday and she wanted to make him feel special by surprising him with cake and wishes when the clock hits 12 tonight. She blushed at the thought of celebrating his birthday by having amazing sex with him. She craved their intimacy and she was sure he did too. 

Pallavi was in her studio with her sketchbook and drawing new designs had always helped her calm down. Her show was just a day away and she was a bit nervous. 

She looked at her mobile when it rang and rolled her eyes seeing Parvati's name as caller id. 

"Hi," Pallavi said, faking a smile.

"Hi, I hope I am not disturbing you?" Parvati said.

"Of course not!" Pallavi said.

Parvati smiled. "Pallavi, I have a request. Can you end your rehearsals early tonight?"

"Okay, but may I know the reason?" Pallavi asked curiously. 

"It's Mr.Mehra's birthday tomorrow and I…" Parvati quickly realized what she was about to say and immediately made an excuse, "I mean mother wants to personally wish him when the clock hits 12."

Suyash's birthday is tomorrow?! Pallavi was not aware of it. But she was thankful to her so-called friend for informing her about it and also giving her an idea.