Part - 47

When Parvati requested Suyash to come back to Narayani's mansion, he gladly agreed, and he had been staying with her for the past two days. 

In the evening Parvati and Narayani were in the main hall enjoying their evening coffee and snacks when Suyash came back home from work.

Parvati got up from the sofa, and she welcomed him with her beautiful smile and an affectionate side hug. "Welcome home, I will bring coffee for you."

"No, sit down, I have something to show you," he said, and he took his laptop from his laptop bag and kept it on the center table as Parvati sat down on the sofa. He sat beside her and played a video.

"This is the CCTV footage from the after-show-party night…" Suyash informed Parvati and Narayani. 

Parvati and Narayani looked at the footage. It was a car parking area in the video, and Pallavi was lending her support to Suyash to help him walk as he looked totally wasted. He couldn't even stand on his own. 

Parvati extended her arms when Suyash fell to the ground  as if she would magically be sucked into the screen and able to catch him. It broke her heart seeing Suyash in such a miserable state and her blood boiled with rage looking at the frustrated face of Pallavi. 

"As you can see in this clip I was not sober enough even to stand on my own, and do you really think I can seduce her in this condition and spend the night with her?" Suyash asked Parvati. 

"I'm going to meet Pallavi," Parvati stood up from her seat. She knew Pallavi had played dirty games with her and her husband, she trusted Suyash's words, and just wanted something to prove Pallavi's claims false. Now she had got it she would not spare her. 

Suyash was hesitant to let Parvati go alone as she looked furious beyond words. "I will come with you."

"No, Mr.Mehra, I want to go alone," Parvati said. 

Suyash looked at Narayani who instructed him through eye movements to let Parvati go alone. 

When Parvati reached Pallavi's apartment, the door was opened by the maid who informed her that Pallavi was in the kitchen. 

Pallavi was in a happy mood, humming a song while learning how to cook. Recently Vishal had expressed his desire to eat food prepared by her and Pallavi made up her mind to learn cooking for him. She wanted to do everything that would make Vishal happy and she was sure that she had fallen in love with Vishal. 

Pallavi was surprised by Parvati's unexpected visit. "You surprised me, bestie! But I'm glad you are here. I'm learning to cook and who can teach me better than you…"

A hard slap landed on Pallavi's cheek stunning her. Parvati slapped Pallavi's other cheek too. "Do you have any conscience or not? How can you call a person your best friend and smile at her face while trying to destroy her life behind her back?"

"What are you saying?" Pallavi at first looked confused, and then stared ferociously at Parvati, suppressing her anger from blasting out because of the slap. How dare Parvati slap her?!

"Don't act like you know nothing about what I'm saying!" Parvati said fiercely. "I know all about your lies, Pallavi! That after-show-party night Mr.Mehra was drunk and not in his senses, it was you who seduced him, not the other way around!"

Pallavi stared at her in absolute shock, realizing that Parvati had come to know the truth. But how? She wondered. 

"You have been pulling nasty tricks on me and Mr.Mehra to break our marriage all these while!  "How could you do that to me, Pallavi?! We were childhood best friends, I considered you as my sister…"