Part - 17

Parvati got into her car and made a phone call to Pallavi.

"Hi, are you free now? I want to meet you."

"Yes! Come to my apartment. I want to talk to you about something important," Pallavi smiled as she sat on her sofa. 

In Suyash's cabin, after the work related meeting Suyash gave Sanjay a painting.  

"Beautiful," Sanjay said, admiring the expensive painting in which the painter had captured the beauty of Maldives beach. "It must be very expensive." Sanjay noticed the famous painter's signature. He guessed that the painting was more than a million in Indian currency. 

"It's nothing compared to what you have done for me, SD," Suyash said, "you have helped me stop Pallavi from coming to Maldives and because of that I was able to spend my honeymoon as I wanted and Parvati accepted the marriage. I and Parvati are not getting divorce."

"That's wonderful news," Sanjay said. "I hope in future she won't change her mind again."

"No, she will not, because I and Parvati have decided to start a family," Suyash said. Sanjay smiled seeing his cousin genuinely happy after a long time. "I am happy for you."

"Thank you," Suyash said smilingly, but felt sad for his cousin who used to like Parvati. Though Suyash wasn't guilty about marrying Parvati, just felt sad for Sanjay. "SD, I hope you are not holding any grudges against me…"

"I have moved on…" Sanjay interrupted him with a casual attitude "and in fact I have fallen in love with a woman. I have realized my interest in Parvati was not love but this time I think I'm really in love. Her name is Mallika. She's a fashion designer and runs a reputable fashion brand. Remember I told you I wanted to invest in the fashion industry?" Suyash nodded yes and Sanjay continued,"I met Mallika for that purpose and now we are business partners. I want to date her."

Suyash felt glad that Sanjay moved on.

"She's an amazing woman, Suyash! She's smart, confident and ambitious. I love her. She's around Parvati's age but far better and more beautiful than her…" Sanjay went on blabbering like a love struck person.

No woman can be better than his wife, Suyash thought to himself but felt happy for Sanjay who looked genuinely in love. 

"You should propose to her soon," Suyash suggested, and Sanjay nodded his head in agreement.

Meanwhile Parvati reached the posh apartment complex. Though Pallavi's parents lived in the same city Pallavi preferred to live independently. Parvati stepped into the lift and pressed the button. It brought her to the 12th floor and straight ahead the corridor was her friend's apartment. She looked at the little souvenir box which had an expensive earring in it and she was excited to see happiness on her friend's face as she had tried hard to find such expensive accessories which had Maldives traditional touch to its design.

"Come in," Pallavi welcomed her when she heard the doorbell and opened the door. She made Parvati sit on her sofa and asked, "you like to have something? Shall I make hot coffee?"

"Pallavi, why are you behaving so formal?"  Parvati smiled and pulled her to sit beside her. "Tell me how are you? It's been days since we had a proper talk."

"I am the same as last time you saw me, but you look different, you are glowing…" Pallavi smiled. "So this is how a newly wed couple's honeymoon glow looks?"

Parvati felt her heart racing suddenly. She didn't want Pallavi to come to know about her and Suyash's relationship, at least not before the fashion week. "What are you blabbering about…?" She laughed nervously, "you know everything about mine and Mr.Mehra's marriage…this is not a honeymoon glow, it's the effect of laying in nature's lap away from the hustle and bustle of the metropolis. Maldives's beaches and its air are rejuvenating…You must visit that place, Pallavi! You will definitely love it."