the8 - car ride

word count : 539

-

today was the day you and the guys were going out of town to spend some time away from the city. however, most of the guys still had various schedules, so you and minghao decided to head out early and go explore the town. unfortunately, the guys had tasked grocery shopping onto the two of you so that was something you had to do later once you made it to the town you were going to.

you had fallen asleep in the car for roughly an hour before waking up and starting to feel really car sick. "you okay?" your boyfriend asked you when he heard you whine after waking up.

"i'm think i'm gonna hurl..." you said while leaning your head against the window and closing your eyes. "how does motion sickness exist?" you mumbled.

"please don't throw up in me later, not when i'm wearing this shirt," minghao said to you but you knew he was being just trying to be a little funny.

"i'm gonna hit you later," you responded. you opened your eyes to reach in front of you and adjusted the fans of the air conditioner in front of you. "how much longer?" you asked and closed your eyes.

"only thirty minutes," the8 replied, making you groan.

"i swear to god, you said that twenty minutes ago, minghao," you said to him.

"i think you're hallucinating. you were still asleep twenty minutes ago," he said to you. you opened your eyes and noticed him getting off the exit.

"where are we going?" you asked him, knowing that the exit you were supposed to take was later.

"rest stop."

"babe, we don't have to stop. i'll live, i promise," you said to him, looking over at him.

"well, i would rather you not throw up in the car," he said to you. "and we can go ahead and get lunch here. the rest of the guys won't make it until tonight anyways, so we might as well take some time here instead of waiting for them at the rental," he said to you and pulled into the parking lot of a rest stop. "we might be able to shop for a few things too," he added.

you stopped leaning against the window and sat back in your seat while minghao found a parking spot and parked the car. you unbuckled yourself and got out of the car before minghao could turn the car off. sighing in relief, you were already starting to feel better being out of the car.

your boyfriend turned the car off and got out of it. he closed the door and locked the car before walking around to the car to reach you.

"feel better already?" he asked you, grabbing your hand.

you nodded and smiled at him, "yea."

"good," he replied. "come on, let's find something to eat. we should probably go buy medicine too, just in case," he suggested. you decided to hug him and felt him hug you back.

"love ya."

"love you," minghao replied and kissed your forehead. you continued hugging him, "you need to let go."

"no."

"y/n, we're in the middle of a parking lot."

"so?"

"you're so weird."

"and you still love me."