Ⅼ. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐲, 𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲

Care of Magical Creatures - E

Charms - A

Defense Against the Dark Arts - O

Divination - E

Herbology - O

History of Magic - P

Potions - E

Transfiguration - A

"I passed!" Virginia screamed running into the parlor of the Potter household in the middle of the summer. She tripped over the lip between the living room and kitchen, falling on her face. She grimaced and quickly pushed herself up, "everything! I'm starting next year as a third year in my normal classes and fifth in my electives!! Well obviously except for history of magic... guess that's one class I'll still be in with Gid and Fab."

"That's great Ginny," her Nana said with enthusiasm, a smile appearing on her wrinkled face, "and my other illustrious grandson?" She turned to look at James who was trotting into the room behind Virginia.

"Almost failed potions but what did we really expect, I mean I'm constantly distracted by that horrid boy Snappy..." he trailed off and looked into the distance, as dramatic as he always was. Virginia chuckled to herself but said nothing. He turned to look at her, "we're visiting your parents and Ophelia today, right? You can deliver the good news."

Virginia grinned and nodded. Her parents still didn't approve of her witchy ways but at least they accepted that it existed. She lived pretty permanently with James, her Grandmother, and of course her "new" aunt and uncle.

She had a small room that was painted a light shade of lavender. Sirius had picked it out since he suspected it was her favorite color. He was incredibly wrong since her favorite was actually orange - but she appreciated the effort. A few knick knacks stood on cream white shelves and a four poster sat in the middle of the room. Virginia deeply suspected Fleamont Potter had stolen the bed from Hogwarts when he had graduated but she never bought it up.

An hour or so after receiving their exam grades, the odd family squished into a car. Their Nana sat up in the front while James and Virginia sat behind her, Fleamont squished between them, he grumbled unhappily. Euphemia took the wheel with a look of cocky satisfaction at her husbands suffering (she had beat him in a round of "that muggle sport" Rock, Paper, Scissors for the driver's seat)

It only took an hour or so to get to the dingier side of town where Ophelia lived with the mother and the father. It was Saturday morning so the small family sat around the table covered in the finest tablecloth and ate eggs. The mother gave Virginia a tight hug, as did the father. Ophelia screeched in joy and pinched her cheeks harshly "Oh, oh," she leaned down to whisper to her, "one of those bloody birds dropped a letter off here, think it was meant for you - from one of those wizard friends of yours."

Her brows furrowed as she looked sideways at her sister. She racked her brain for who it could be but came up empty. All of her close friends had stayed in constant correspondence with her. Especially her and Peter, they received and sent letters from and to each other practically every day. "Oh thank you, speaking of things meant for you... what happened with the whole girlfriend stuff?"

"She picked me," Ophelia announced, tossing her hair dramatically, "of course. Now come on, I want the gossip." She dragged Virginia up the familiar stairs. James started after them quickly. He didn't need to be around the thick tension and war of passive aggression the adults had. Virginia collapsed on her old bed, it squeaked in a way that made her smile a little bit. She sliced open the seal of the letter and pulled out the parchment to reveal green and inky sentences.

Dearest Virginia,

I should have respected you more than I did. You were, and hopefully can be again, a very close friend of mine. I threw it away for a petty argument with Black. I love you, of course I do. But not in a romantic way. Which I think suits both of us just fine. I'm sorry for the impossible situation I put you in, truly.

With all my best wishes and immense hopes you can find it in yourself to forgive me,

Alaric Weasley

She smiled down at the parchment, "it's from Alaric," she passed it over to James. He read it over and scoffed.

"He totally wants to get into your pants..." he said with a shrug like it was some undeniable truth.

Virginia shook her head at him, "sure Potter, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Just gonna tell him that of course I forgive him and I hope he can do the same for me." James held up his hands as if to retract himself from all responsibility. She felt herself snicker slightly before she cocked her head to one side, "there's another letter... from Pandora." She stared down at it with minor awe. She opened it and found the paper to be filled with glossy and curly handwriting.

"What's the bloody sociopath have to say?" James asked disinterestedly, moving across the room and cracking the window.

"Dear Virginia," she read aloud, "I feel obliged to tell you the latest discussions at the Sailstream household. A man calling himself Voldemort has deemed himself against Mudbloods and is currently heavily recruiting from all pure families. He's trying to get my parents, he has dined with them three times this week. I think they're going to join up. All of the others I trust are also going along with him in his insane thoughts of power. You kept Johanna's secrets but knew what to do with them. So maybe you can help me. I'm not counting on it but I am hopeful... from Pandora S." She stared down at the parchment with a curious expression on her face.

"Voldemort? What an odd name... whatever it's just a Pandora prank I bet... I mean how else could you explain her using the slur in a letter meant to 'protect them'" James said with a scoff, making air quotes.

"What sort of prank would that even be," Ophelia added to the conversation, "I mean it has no commands or suggestions, it's just stating a fact. And if this person really hates you and has an ounce of maturity they'll just let you be."

"The votes are still out on that maturity piece," James said with a snicker, "but I suppose you could be right."

All three of them shrugged before the mother called them down for dinner.

Virginia sat at the scuffed table she had eaten at all her life. She stared at the selection of food that could only be offered because of generous donations from the Potter family. She looked around at her little family for a moment while everyone else had their heads bowed in respect as they said grace. One year ago she had a partially dying grandmother, a stuck up collection of aunts, stuffy parents and one fiercely supportive sister. Now she had a very lively Nana, an incredibly cool uncle and aunt who spent half their time adorably bickering, her actual parents' love as well as Remus and Lily, a cousin and three friends who were practically her brothers, and five fiercely supportive sisters. She went from having a sister to having a family. And all it took was a tall lady with graying hair to scare her parents into letting her attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

a/n...

Hey guys!!! And that's it! I hope you enjoyed "If we're in love, a Sirius Black romance." I will eventually write her fifth year at Hogwarts with more angst, romance and Voldemort but for now I'm taking a bit of a break. I love all my faithful readers to death, it would mean so much for you all to comment on this last chapter or message me with what you liked or didn't like about this story, who your favorite character was and your favorite ship!!