Ⅵ. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐬

She trotted out of the Great Hall and into the corridor. There was a sharp clack of landing feet and she looked to her left. Standing there with a rakishly handsome grin was none other than Sirius Black. It was as though her churning thoughts had summoned him. She looked up, wondering where he had dropped from but had a feeling he wouldn't tell her if she asked.

"What class have you got next, Sweetheart."

Virginia felt her heart skip several beats. And her nose crinkled in confusion, "Herbology, Professor Sprout. I've heard she's nice." She spoke in short sentences, feeling her discomfort fill her stomach.

"Yes," he confirmed, "that's what they say, but she's actually terrifying." He spoke in a low voice, leaning down a bit as he walked with her. "I mean if you wanted, I could come with you? Hold your hand if she gets a little too scary." He was speaking softly and very close to her ear, so close she could feel his breath on her neck. Her stomach twisted oddly and she turned to face him.

"Thanks but I'm sure you've got class and-"

"Who cares?" he grinned, staying at her level. She realized when she looked to the side that his lips were only a few inches away.

"Your teacher will," she said with finality. "I-I am very sorry to say. And also," she said drawing herself up, "whatever kind of girl you think I am, you're incredibly mistaken."

"Is that so?" he said, his smile becoming wicked as he seemed to lean ever closer to her.

"Y-yes," she said as firmly as she could manage as she tried to control herself from being flustered. The warm air hovered around them as they came to a stop, standing on the pathway into the castle. "You seem to think I'm the type of girl who will- will need to use condoms and such. With men. But I would never." His eyebrows raised. "because I wouldn't do the action that required them. In fact I wouldn't do anything beyond holding hands. I am a good christian girl and you should spread that word. I don't kiss. Well I would kiss. Once. Because I kind of have to but... yeah." She forced herself to stop talking.

She expected him to look chastised. She expected him to walk away or apologize for seeing her as the type of person who would want to have sex with him. Instead, he threw back his head and laughed.

"Sweetheart, your little blush gives away everything."

"It's warm out," she replied indignantly.

He stood up, his full height was intimidating and she felt herself fall back a half step. "Now darling, here's what's going to happen. I'm going to kiss you until you can't see straight, until the world is blurry and nothing makes sense. You're going to fall in love with me and you're going to," he fought a chuckle, "need to use a condom with me, a man, before you graduate." He lifted his hands, almost like he was saying 'I don't make the rules.' Then he winked and walked away from her.

She stood stock still and shell shocked for a few minutes before composing herself. She checked her watch and took a sharp breath. She tore off to the left and made it to the green houses just in time.

Out of breath she scrambled to the one of the back tables. There were long, skinny tables lined with stools. About four of them, all facing the front large desk. It was much warmer inside with the sun beating down on them through the glass of the greenhouse. Plants were everywhere, there was a thin lining of soil on all the tables, and the small tittering of movement could be heard.

"Now," the class was run by a stout Professor with her dark brown hair cut in a most becoming bob. She sounded less commanding and bossy than Professor McGonagall but far more so than Professor Kunlo. Virginia folded her arms on the desk and placed her chin atop them. "Today we shall continue our lesson on the habitat and habitual behaviors of Carnivorous plants. Of course, you won't be coming into contact with any- those are all in Greenhouse 4, but I might demonstrate a class or two from now."