ⅩⅩⅤⅠⅠⅠ. 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐫

(Sirius Chapter Again! I really hope you enjoy it!!)

"Great practice today Black," Alaric announced, clapping him on the back. Sirius chuckled and gave him a smile as a thank you. His eyebrows furrowed, however, when he saw Alaric fixing his hair in the mirror. Alaric wasn't the type to care much about looks.

Billius noticed this as well. "Al, you going to ask some chick out?" he said in his usual thunderous voice.

Alaric shook his head slightly, "No. Not some chick. The girl I fancy quite a lot." He turned his attention back to himself and tried to quiet the nerves in his stomach. Sirius looked up slowly.

"Who?" the word came out before he could stop it.

The older boy chuckled and cast a sideways glance at him, "I guess you'll see if she says yes." He winked down at Sirius before he left the locker room.

Sirius looked at James, "who do you reckon it is, you don't think it's Ginny do you?"

"Probably is," James said fairly with a shrug, "I mean considering how obviously he flirts with her." Sirius's nose twitched but he didn't say anything else on the matter.

When they exited the locker room, they caught sight of Alaric awkwardly scratching the back of his neck while having a conversation with Virginia. Sirius felt rage rise in his stomach and he walked over to them.

"So is this why you let her on the team?" Sirius scowled over at Alaric. Virginia and Mary looked sideways at each other in confusion. "You want an easy shag?"

James's eyes widened and he dragged his friend away forcefully before Alaric could hit him. "He's joking," James called over his shoulder, when Sirius said nothing he sighed, "I mean he's drunk. Roaring drunk. He didn't mean that." James pulled Sirius back all the way back to the dormitory.

When they entered the common room, Sirius shrugged off James's arm. James scoured the common room but saw no sign of Remus or Peter. "Come on man, we have a potions essay." He led him up the staircase and both boys collapsed on their beds. After about ten minutes of them both laying down, lost in their thoughts - Peter scrambled into the room. Remus followed after him, looking annoyed. Sirius saw him and immediately began to close the curtains around his bed. However, Remus gave him such a look that he stopped with a grimace.

"You'll never guess what just happened!" Peter squeaked.

"We know," Sirius said in a deadpan voice, "Alaric asked out Ginny."

"Well..." Peter looked awkwardly at Remus, "yes but also-"

"Could have been MacDonald," James offered, sending a look at Sirius. Although the other boy wasn't even looking at him.

"No it-" Peter inserted, his smile growing bigger.

"No," Sirius cut over him, "you could tell from her face. That little smile. She thinks she's so cool. She thinks she can do what? Almost kiss me and then... and then... not. And then agree to go on some date with a guy who is totally just using her. And-"

"Sirius," Remus cut him off harshly causing him to sink back down into his bed moodily, "you have a girlfriend. You are dating someone!"

"And whose fault is that?" Sirius said, leaping into a standing position.

"Yours!" Remus snapped, "you refused to tell her. We had to hear you complaining every single damn hour about your crush, where we all know you would have just made out with her, realized she wouldn't shag you and dropped her. Listen Sirius, I know how this goes. I've seen you do it a million times. And I don't care. You live your life how you live it. But I wasn't about to let you do it to Ginny."

"And what if I actually liked her?" Sirius asked, taking fast steps towards the other boy. The spit from his shouting practically sprayed Remus.

"Then you wouldn't have listened to me."

"She said yes to that Cliff guy!"

"I told you!" a voice shouted, it was much louder than any of the other voices in the room, "I told you that she looked at you a certain way! I told you she only agreed to the date to reject him! And you know what Sirius?" There was a moment of stunned silence as the three boys stared at Peter.

It was broken when Sirius roared, "What?"

"Not everything is about you! I wasn't going to tell you about Ginny and Alaric, why the hell would I be so excited about that when you were obviously going to act like this? I'm going on a date with Mary MacDonald, if anyone is curious." With one last glare around at them, he stormed out of the room.

"And now I have to fix that," Remus scowled, throwing his hands into the air. He glowered down at Sirius, "you know that you have to apologize right?"

Sirius grumbled but nodded. When Remus had swept out of the room, he felt his insides twist uncomfortably. Why had he done that? He didn't want to have to apologize to Virginia, he didn't want to have done anything wrong. He stood up slowly, taking a deep breath. He'd say sorry, but he knew he had to wait a little bit or he'd have his face slapped off by Mary. Or perhaps she'd be too happy with her own dating prospect.

"Hey James," Sirius said, looking sideways at his friend, "you wanna go to the kitchen and get a crapload of butterbeer and sweets? Y'know, celebrate Peter's big day?"

James smiled and stood up with a nod. The two exited the common room quickly, ignoring the commotion in the corner that they could mostly hear but they assumed it was some first years. "On the way there," James pulled out the map when they exited into the corridor and smiled slyly at his friend, "why don't we do something exciting?"

"Prank Filch?" Sirius guessed as James muttered the magic words and the map opened. "Or Snivellus. Where is he?" he peered over James's shoulder.

James looked back at him, "how about wrapping up some unfinished business we both know you need to take care of?" He pointed his finger at a name on the map. It was moving slowly away from the Great Hall.

Sirius read the name and groaned internally:

Pandora Sailstream