ⅩⅩⅩⅩⅤⅠⅠ. 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐀 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲

She scrambled out of the portrait hole after him and grabbed his sleeve to keep from turning the corner. He looked down at her and crossed his arms, shaking his shirt out of her grasp in doing so.

"That was a dumb thing to say," she admitted quickly, "I'm sorry."

"It was dumb?" he echoed, his voice almost trembling with rage or anguish, "you think I would leave you? How low do you think of me?"

"I love you," she reminded him, "and besides you're not a muggle. You're a wizard with scruples and a cocky, pranking attitude that makes you all the more attractive. I mean if I genuinely thought you would ditch me, I wouldn't be dating you."

His eyes narrowed down at her, "so if I was muggle?"

"and had a different upbringing - things would be different - because obviously! I just meant because you don't try, you coast through school like everything will be fine... you have a reason and right to be worried but it's like you don't really care."

He scoffed and rubbed the back of his neck, "as opposed to you? You'd prefer me if I had a stick up my ass? You're so scared about what might happen that you don't look at what's happening..."

"I stood up to my family!" she exclaimed. He shook his head.

"Right... and you fell in love with me and did nothing, less than nothing actually. I mean-"

"I didn't know I had fallen!" She said back, her face contorted with rage - an emotion very unfamiliar to her system, "and besides, what about you? Acting with the emotional maturity of a child when anyone asked me out! You'd get your knickers in a twist because you didn't have the balls."

He paused before shaking his head, all emotion leaving his voice, "maybe this doesn't work Gin... I mean what if..."

She felt the anger drain out of her, "if we're in love Sirius, we shouldn't do nothing..." He nodded but he didn't look like he actually agreed with her. She took slow steps towards him and grabbed his neck, dragging him down towards her. "we just need to communicate... I'll start - I'm scared that I won't get to come back so I'm putting everything I have into this. But you're right, there's not really a point to that. Let's enjoy what time we have, yeah?"

A small smirk snuck onto his face, "does that mean we can go snog?"

She narrowed her eyes, "shh, we're communicating..."

"Okay," he cleared his throat poshly, "I communicate that I want to kiss every inch of you until you can't breathe or see straight?" when he caught her glare, he chuckled, "I study more than I care to admit. I stay up late after convincing my roommates I'm sleeping, I don't know why but studying around others makes me feel like I'm doing it wrong or something."

"Then I won't force you to study with me, you can go to other things but I do need to do -" before she could continue Sirius began to drag her down the hallway. She protested but he wasn't listening, she shook her head but stopped trying to fight the stubborn boy. He opened the door to a broom closet. It smelt nicer than she had expected and she smiled to herself, he waved his hand for her to go first like a gentleman. She entered, sidestepping the mops and buckets.

He closed the door behind them, plunging them into darkness. He pressed his forehead against hers and growled in a low voice, "I won't leave you if we make a baby."

She chuckled, knowing full well they had conversations about the actual baby-making act and had of course decided against it. Although Sirius said that she would eventually change her mind. She pulled his lips into his and they kissed, harmonious and slow.

Virginia walked arm and arm with Johanna to their first examination. Pandora and Regulus talked a few paces ahead of them.

"I can't believe you actually did it," Johanna murmured over to her, "I hope you pass these too, would be pretty cool to be all be in the same classes next year."

Virginia agreed, nerves boiling in her chest as she decided not to comment at her surprise at her ability to pass exams. Just before they entered the Great Hall, she smirked when she saw Sirius giving her a large smile and thumbs up. He looked very sleepy since he had dragged himself out of bed at 7am to look presentable just to wish her luck. She let go of Johanna and flung her arms around him.

"Good luck sweetheart, uh which one is it again?"

"Thank you darling." She took a few steps and took a deep breath. "Theoretical charms now and practical in the afternoon."

He grimaced in understanding, ruffling her hair before turning her around and pushing her a little towards the room. She groaned with annoyance but walked into the room. She pulled out a pen as soon as she sat down, staring down at the flipped over question page and the answer sheet covered in bubbles. This was the first exam that she had taken that was full of people and wasn't just Professor McGonagall sitting at the front of a drafty classroom.

Professor Flitwick squeaked at them to begin and there was a rustle of paper.

Flipendo is a(n)...

a. curse

b. jinx

c. incantation

d. charm

e. spell

She stared at the parchment blankly. Flipendo. The knockback something... She filled in the 'b' bubble with confidence and moved on.

Two hours later, she dragged herself out of the room and directly into the comforting arms of Alice and Mary. The other girls were there as well but Dorcas was keeping Marlene from escaping and Lily was muttering things under her breath. She wished them luck as they entered for their herbology theoretical. She kissed Sirius on the cheek which made him grin cockily.

She headed straight to the library to practice the spells for her next exam.