ⅩⅩⅩⅩ. 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥

time - one week after the end of holiday break

place - hogwarts kitchen

Frank managed to get the houselves to set up a station for him and Alice to try to cook unassisted. Both of them had grown up in magical families that had a few servants or a simple spell to do things for them. But now they were determined to do things the muggle way. Alice was wearing a long dress that went to her ankles and a tan apron. He, on the other hand, looked incredibly ridiculous. He wore a black pinstripe blazer over a bright pink t-shirt. He paired all of this with a pair of jeans that were covered in stains he thought looked fashionable. Alice had picked out something as dumb before Virginia had corrected her.

"So what are we making today Frankie," she asked, staring up at him through her eyelashes.

"Pancakes?" he suggested, "Ginny said they were easy," he scratched the back of his neck. He looked uncomfortable like most boys had the tendency to be around girls they really liked. "Just flour and then hot pan and bam you have a yummy thing."

She giggled, "so you need flour right? And sugar? And... maybe eggs?" She shrugged. He flourished a piece of parchment out of his back pocket and squinted at it.

"Seems you are correct, so first..."

He trailed off by putting the directions on the counter. She moved to inspect them while he placed his hands on the counter on either side of her. A blush rose in her cheeks and his ears turned bright red, he looked at the recipe like it was suddenly very important.

The baking went smoothly until a mixer was utilized. Alice, grinning and somewhat cocky with her new found 'skill', turned it immediately to the highest setting. The flour and other powders sprayed everywhere. She leapt forward to turn it back down but the damage was already done.

She put a hand to her mouth. She cringed. She knew what he was going to say. He was going to be angry, he was going to say she was too weird, too stupid, she should have known. She had dated one or two boys before but many more had been interested before she had driven them away. The problem with Alice, however, was that she gave her heart away at the drop of a hat. She knew she was about to have it returned to her, a little more crumpled than it had been before.

Instead, Frank did something unexpected. He tipped his head back and laughed. Her eyes widened and she was soon chuckling too. He leaned down and smashed flour covered lips into flour covered lips. They pulled apart after a minute, both of them grinning.

"I have some ice cream in my dorm, wanna get changed and have some of that down by the lake?" she offered, a small smile on her face.

"Absolutely Al, absolutely."

She had never felt so very warm inside.

time - christmas eve

place - gryffindor common room

Dorcas's legs were propped up on the couch as she laid on her back on the floor. Marlene laid perpendicular to her, her tousled curl covered head laying on her stomach.

"Dorcas..." Marlene asked, her voice quiet and cracked, "Have you ever wanted to kiss a girl?"

Dorcas lifted her neck up to stare down at her with uncertainty, "Marls, I'm a girl... I mean sure I've been down to. For like a dare or Ginny's bet thing. But like... girls and girls don't kiss willingly..." She spoke the words like it was obvious, like they had been programmed into her.