Ⅴ. 𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬

Whatever Virginia had expected, it wasn't to be awakened the next morning at the crack of dawn by the weeping girl from last night. Lily, if she remembered correctly.

"C'mon you've got to get up now if you want to shower and be ready. After all, Dorcas isn't good at organizing and your things will be simply everywhere," she said in a stiff, matter-of-fact voice, "and also invest in a good alarm clock because you are so difficult to wake up. I will resort to other measures."

Virginia groggily opened her eyes. Being unprepared and unshowered was looking pretty good right about then. However she dragged herself out of bed before Lily could pour water on her or something. The room was a lot less chaotic than the night before. Shafts of light fluttered into the room, everyone's curtains were open but most of them were still feigning sleep. A smile dusted across her face.

"Do we have to wake up at this time every day?" Virginia groaned, kneeling down next to her trunk and extracting a fresh pair of robes as well as her shower bag.

"Only on Mondays, that's the day we have Defense, teacher is a bloody evil mastermind," another girl spoke up. Her area was littered with pink stuff and a name was written in glitter across her trunk. Virginia squinted slightly so she could make it out, Marlene.

"Mastermind would say he's smart, more like an evil idiot," said the last girl Virginia didn't have a name for yet, sitting up. She had dark skin and tightly woven box braids, she was pretty in a less obvious way than Marlene. She looked more like a goddess who had just woken up from a nap, slightly disheveled but still powerful.

Virginia's brows furrowed and she walked over to her schedule. Her first class was at 8:30 AM and it was Herbology. However Tuesday she did have Defense Against the Dark Arts at 6:30. She tipped her head back in annoyance before flopping back onto her bed.

The goddess girl walked over and tugged off her blankets, "oh no New Girl, no one is saved from the wrath of Lily. Her back is turned but god help you, you better be up when she looks back. See, Marls is smart, she's still in bed. But once you're up... you're up." She spoke with an urgency that Virginia didn't see fit for the situation, "don't let her fool you. That gingers got a temper."

Virginia sighed and sat up, "I haven't got the same classes as you, I haven't been here already for three years. I don't know any spells so I'm with the first years."

"...oh," the girl said, shuffling her feet awkwardly. They were engulfed by uncomfortable silence for a few moments before she said, "I'm uh Mary McDonald, by the way. It's Virginia Waters right."

"Waters... actually uh- like the element," Virginia corrected.

Mary nodded slowly before padding over to Lily and whispering something in her ear. Her face turned a bit red and she nodded. The news apparently spread across the dorm quickly by way of whispers and they all let her rest.

When she checked the time next it was almost seven, she dragged herself out of bed and into the bathroom for a shower.

She pulled her uniform on and headed down to the Common Room. It was just as welcoming as the night before although now tired students surrounded by books and cups of coffee were in great abundance. Virginia's hair was still wet but already pulled back into a bun.

She put her book bag down and checked it for all the textbooks she thought she needed. Her wand was clutched safely in her left hand when she picked up her bag again and headed into the hall. With no idea where she was going, she wandered down enough flights of stairs and then over as much as she could and found the Great Hall. Checking her watch, she confirmed she had plenty of time to find the Herbology Classroom after a bit of food.