ⅩⅩⅠⅩ. 𝐀𝐬 𝐀 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞

(Okay so this chapter is the last one but with Virginia's perspective. If that doesn't make sense I'm really sorry and you can comment any questions, I'd be happy to answer)

Virginia clasped Mary's hand as the two of them exited the locker room. Virginia sniffed and rubbed her nose, she was beginning to think that the hours spent in the cold were taking a toll on her.

"I'm going to have to head to the hospital wing Mare, I've got the most awful cold..." Virginia was saying when Alaric called out her name.

Alaric walked up slowly, he licked his lips nervously as his eyes flicked to Mary. "Can I have a chat with you?" he asked, "privately..."

"No point, she'll tell me what happened. And it's better to have a second hand source for when we tell the rest of the girls," Mary planted her feet and crossed her arms. Virginia snorted and mouthed an apology at Alaric.

"So..." he tousled his hair lightly, "would you want to go on a date with me Nia?"

Virginia felt her face go bright red and she tried to force words out of her. "Wh-why- what? How, when... I mean wh-what?"

Alaric gave her a crooked grin, staring down at her with an amused expression.

"Well I know you can't go to Hogsmeade so I was thinking we could hang out. Like study and maybe visit the kitchen," he shrugged.

Virginia stared up at him with eyes as wide as saucers, "and it would be romantic?"

"That's the general idea," he smirked, his left and awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. She opened her mouth to say something, anything but she was saved from having to form words when Sirius entered the conversation.

"So is this why you let her on the team?" Sirius scowled over at Alaric. Virginia and Mary looked sideways at each other in confusion. "You want an easy shag?"

James's eyes widened and he dragged his friend away forcefully before Alaric could hit him. "He's joking," James called over his shoulder, when Sirius said nothing he sighed, "I mean he's drunk. Roaring drunk. He didn't mean that."

"What the hell just happened?" Mary asked, looking around herself in confusion like the air had answers.

"I promise that is not true," Alaric said, his ears turning red, "I don't want to shag you. I promise, I know you're a... a Cristen? Yeah... And I let you on the team because your good not because I wanted to ask you out, I mean I did want to but-"

Mary leaned forward, "this is when you stop talking Buddy." She patted his shoulder condescendingly before turning to look at Virginia. She looked utterly flabbergasted.

"O-okay," she said, a smile working its way onto her face. Her brain was running around in circles and she couldn't believe what was happening to her. She felt elation fill up her stomach as any hurt she'd felt from Sirius's words faded away.

"Cool," he smiled handsomely down at her before brushing past her to walk back up to the castle with Billius.

Virginia couldn't win the grin off of her face as she watched him walk away.

"And now you can get the kiss!" Mary said, her voice brimming with excitement.

"Oh I had forgotten about that," Virginia said in a dazed tone. Mary smirked over at her. Fabian and Gideon descended from the stands. She sighed as soon as she saw them.

"What did we say, Fab?" Gideon asked, his eyebrows raising.

"I recall us saying our friend Alaric fancied Virge," Fabian said with a huge grin on his face.