Ⅱ. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐈𝐭?

Sitting outside on the street was a yellow punch buggy. The trunk and other things were packed into the back. She had expected the car to be magical but she was apparently disappointed in that area. She sat in the passenger seat, for a moment looking back at her house. Coming to grips with the fact that, if all went well, she wouldn't be back for several months. She'd definitely need to figure out a way to call or send mail.

Then the car shot off down the street, whizzing around the other cars. Judging by the lack of angry honking and cussing, they were not visible. There was the magic Virginia had been waiting for. They tore through the poor towns until they reached the large rich neighborhoods. Once those were left behind there were only expansive fields. The car screeched to a halt without warning and Virginia was thrown forward into the dashboard.

"Get out please dear," the witch said. She did as she was told.

"Yes Miss."

"Professor," the witch corrected, "Professor McGonagall if you want to be truly formal."

"I apologize Professor McGonagall," she said, bowing her head. Professor McGonagall didn't notice this as she was busy transferring her luggage to large carriage. One that had a large Pegasi hooked to the front. Virginia didn't think she liked where this was going.

"Come, come," Professor McGonagall said sharply, Virginia muttered another apology and scrambled to get on. The carriage was large, made of velvet and trimmed with gold. The inside was more grand and magically expanded. On the outside it was roughly the size and shape of a gazebo, but on the inside it was the size of her the Cafeteria at her old school. It was mostly empty, just a few random people scattered around and occupying single seats at different tables.

Professor McGonagall took a seat and Virginia automatically sat next to her. She folded her hands on the table and fell back into the old habit of perfect posture.

"Professor Kunlo," Professor McGonagall said sharply, lifting up one pale hand and waving it. The man in question stood and hastily made his way over. He had an incredibly prominent limp but, oddly enough, not a cane in sight. His platinum blonde hair fell in great swoops on his head. His face was covered in brown freckles which gave him a boyish look, like he could pass as an 18 year old.

"In need of a wand, I'd reckon," he winked at Virginia.

"I had made that quite clear, after all there would be no other purpose to canceling your classes for the day," Professor McGonagall snapped.

Professor Kunlo ignored the comment and limped back over to his table. He got a few sleek boxes out and hobbled them back. He pulled out one with little care and shoved it at Virginia. It was chunky and black, shiny as beetles and incredibly heavy. She copied what Professor McGonagall had done while casting her spells and gave it a little swish. A few tables clattered over. She made to apologize profusely but when she looked at the area where the tables had been downed, any inkling of disorder had been rectified. There were only a few disgruntled looking patrons. She took another wand from the Professor. This one was barely existent, incredibly thin like one flick would snap it. This knocked over some tables too.

"How about..." Professor Kunlo pawed through the wand boxes that were sitting on the table, "this one?" He lifted open the lid, wiggled his brows and brandished it towards Virginia. She took it and silently prayed that this one be it. Not only because she was embarrassing herself but also because it was incredibly comfortable to hold. It was about a foot long with a dancing pattern of moons and stars trailing up the side. She waved it a bit and felt a warm glow fill her stomach.

"This is the one," she said with certainty. The Professor nodded and collected the rest of his wares, returning to his seat.

"Have I got to pay for that?" Virginia asked, brows furrowed with confusion.