ⅩⅩⅩⅤⅠⅠ. 𝐍𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐌𝐮𝐝𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐨𝐝

Sirius and Virginia arrived at Kings Cross Station in the car that had been called for Sirius. Virginia's parents were absent as she had already said goodbye to them back at her home. Ophelia had wanted to come but she had been restricted to her room when her parents had found Virginia's gift to Ophelia. A lesbian fantasy book Lily had somehow managed to find in the dusty shelves of a Hogsmeade's bookshop (since Virginia couldn't go.)

Sirius looked over at her, his brows furrowed as they got out of the car and dragged their trunks across the ground.

"What's wrong, Gin? Is it the fact that you lost to me at the motorcycle game? I didn't know you were still so annoyed," he smirked. She chuckled.

"No, I'm fine."

He gave her a look.

She had a lot to tell BG but some things seemed better to be left unsaid. Like the fact that her Grandmother had grabbed her and forced her to promise to get her out of there. She knew her Nana was sick. But it had never felt quite so real. She needed all the muggle medicine she could get, God had given them the means to make it after all, but the Nunnery would never let her. She would die in the same way her Aunt had. Virginia swallowed her emotions and shoved a smile onto her face.

When the two of them boarded the train, Virginia walked towards the front when Sirius caught her arm, "aren't you sitting with us?"

She raised her eyebrows at him, "thanks for the offer, but I'm going to find Lily and them." He nodded and let her go, watching her walk away for a moment before trotting back to his compartment. However, she had taken no more than a few steps in the other direction when she felt her arm snatched and was pulled into a compartment. The shades for the windows were pulled down which put her immediately on edge.

"What the hell do you think you're playing at, you filthy mudblood?" someone spat at her. It didn't take a genius to figure out that it was Pandora. Johanna stood behind her with her arms crossed, "Sirius breaks up with me and then I see you and him coming back from holiday together?"

She shifted her feet, "Sirius and I are just friends. It's not my fault he didn't like you romantically."

Pandora's eyes flashed dangerously, "the Sailstream family name will be connected with the most noble and ancient house of Black. You will not stop it, my parents won't let you, I won't let you."

"Okay," Virginia could think of no other response, "I won't try to marry him." Pandora didn't look appeased.

"Just get out of our sight, dirty girl," Johanna taunted from behind Pandora. She didn't look at her though, just kept staring straight ahead like the windows were interesting. Virginia slipped out of the room to run directly into a boy outside of the door. She looked up to see Regulus grumbling at her.

His eyes fell on the compartment behind her, "Jo and Dora giving you trouble again?" Virginia had no idea why he was pretending to care but she nodded all the same. "Just stand up for yourself, if you don't act like a spineless brat - they won't try to walk over you like you are one."

Cassandra Moon slapped his arm when he said that but he didn't look perturbed. Virginia shrugged and walked past them. When she reached closer to the front of the train she felt two skinny arms wrap around her shoulders, she looked down to see Alice grinning up at her.

"Hey Al," Virginia looked past her to see Lily and Mary, who also hugged her. Dorcas and Marlene had stayed behind at the castle and she comforted herself with the fact she'd see them in a few hours. The four girls found a compartment and settled into a game of Exploding Snap. They giggled loudly as they exchanged holiday gossip, Virginia felt herself smiling with an inability to stop. She loved her friends so very dearly and she was incredibly happy to be returning to Hogwarts with them.

That night's Welcome Back feast was exquisite. Fabian and Gideon launched mashed potatoes across the table at each other while Mary had a gross reunion with Peter. James pestered Lily as usual, Remus stuck his nose in a book and Emmeline, Mia and Vivienne all made fun of the proceedings. Sirius and Virginia chatted idly while chaos raged around them. She had never felt more safe.

After dinner, Virginia retreated to the Astronomy tower with some pieces of parchment and her eyeshadow equipment. She dragged the pigment covered brushes across the rough surface of the paper. She should have grabbed one of her friends but she hadn't really thought this through. She just wanted to exist. She didn't want to return to the bubble of happiness in the Gryffindor common room. She leaned against the wall and stared at her hands. The door slowly creaked open, she looked up - half expecting Sirius. Instead it was the exact opposite person she would have expected or even wanted - Johanna Shacklebolt.

Her eyes widened as soon as she looked down and saw her. Virginia stiffened and opened her mouth to tell her to get lost.

"Please don't," Johanna plopped down across from her, placing her palms behind her and leaning backwards, "I'm not in the mood tonight."

Virginia's brows furrowed and she felt herself relax, "uh... do you want to talk?"

Johanna's eyebrows raised, "no thank you Mudblood."

Virginia scoffed but shook her head, some sort of truce had been called, "want me to do your eyeshadow then?" Johanna stared at her before she shrugged.

"Maybe a purple and pink ombre?" she suggested. Virginia nodded and twirled her brush between two fingers. She kneeled in front of her and Johanna closed her eyes. About ten minutes later, she fell back into sitting against the wall with a slight grimace.

"Should have warned you that was my first time doing that," Virginia almost chuckled but held it back. Johanna pulled out a small, silver pocket mirror from her robes. She inspected her eyes with a bored look before waving her wand and clearing the makeup off immediately. Fair enough, Virginia thought.

"I'm sorry Pandora blames you for the whole Sirius thing, she won't admit it but she actually likes him. She hates that he loves you instead," Johanna looked off the astronomy tower and into the darkness of the chilly winter night.

"He doesn't love me," Virginia said dismissively.

Johanna snorted, "sure Waters. And the sky isn't blue. Just do us all a favor and break it off with that Weasley boy. He may be a blood traitor but he doesn't deserve a broken heart."

Virginia stood up and brushed her hands off to remove the dust from sitting on the tower. She shook her head before turning away and leaving her alone on the tower.

A/N... enjoy this magical double update! Love you all!