ⅩⅩⅩⅩⅤ. 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

Virginia left her Grandmother's room and then sent James up, who looked confused and dragged Alaric along after him since she had mentioned him as well. Virginia sat down at a chair, next to Remus and Johanna. Sirius was wandering around the lobby, reading all the signs on the wall with intense interest.

"Anyone know the time?" she asked, craning her neck around to try and find a clock.

Remus looked up at his watch, "10 in the morning."

Johanna smacked her lips from next to him, "I'm going to sleep before we go back to school." She looked over at Remus with her large eyes, "may I?" He nodded and she settled her head on his shoulder, he tipped his head so it leaned against hers. Virginia shrugged and stood, making her way across the room to Sirius. She was too exhausted to be any more shocked by anything.

"Are you tired too?" he asked when she walked up next to him, "I can be a good pillow an-"

"I love you Sirius," she blurted out before staring at the wall like it was incredibly interesting.

"Love you too Ginny, so-"

"No!" He jumped slightly and stared at her. She turned to face him, putting her hands on either side of his face, "I mean... I mean... I'm in love with you."

There was a horrible pause where he didn't say anything. He stared at her, suspended in confusion and shock. When he finally spoke all that came out was, "say what now?"

"I want to date you Sirius, I fancy you, I want to have romantic relations, as it were."

"You're joking, you can't do that Ginny, can't toy with my feelings like that. You don't love me," he pried her hands off his face and fell back a step.

"No, no I do, I promise," her voice cracked ever so slightly, "I love your smile and your hair and the way your nose scrunches up a little bit when you're concentrating. I love the way you lean against doors to make yourself feel sexy and the way you mutter dirty jokes under your breath like no one else can hear them. Please believe me, you don't have to love me too but at least believe me..."

"Are you serious right now, you absolute idiot!" he wasn't shouting but he was pretty damn close, he took steps towards her until she was backed against the wall, "I met you and were entertaining, a source of amusement. I know it was wrong what I said, but it was true - you were like a toy to me. The tutoring, the guessing what you were, the taking you out for Butterbeer. Seeing you in that dress, changed my outlook on you a little bit I guess. And then we had a serious discussion on the Astronomy Tower and I knew you were a real life, a real person. And then... then that idiot Cliff asked you out. Something snapped, I realized I did like you. Despite my trying to cover it up, I did fancy you. But you couldn't know, so I made my feelings something else. Then Pandora asked me out, officially. I couldn't say no because Remus told me to get over you if I was only ever going to act like a jerk. I don't know... I acted like a bloody idiot this whole year. I messed up and let undeserved jealousy consume me. But of course I love you Virginia Waters, I think I've fancied you ever since Dorcas made you jump at the feast and I think I've loved you ever since you leapt into me while crying."

She sniffed, she hadn't noticed a few tears were leaking out of her eyes, "I love you so much."

"I love you too," he reiterated, leaning down and kissing her lightly on the lips. She grabbed his face again and pulled him down into her, smashing her lips into his. She heard him groan ever so quietly, his hands were fastened on either side of her head and he seemed to shove into the wall with even more force.

"Oi horny teens!" James cried, stepping out from the elevator, "can you unstick yourself from one another so I can hug my cousin."

Sirius pulled back and Virginia felt herself freeze. If James was back down then chances were... she peeked over her shoulder by using her tiptoes. She cringed when she saw Alaric standing stunned next to the other boy.

"Cousin?" Sirius asked, sounding unconcerned.

She ducked under Sirius's arm, "yeah, yeah, yeah cousins, turns out my grandmother had a baby when she was young ... and that baby had another baby and that baby was James so... should we go back to the castle? No?" Sirius looked at her with a mixture of confusion and amusement. Alaric was still frozen. "We just have to figure out where the hell we're taking my Nana."

"I've got an idea," James grinned toothily, "I'm sure my mum would love to meet her darling dearest mother."

Virginia grinned at him, "it'll be like a little family, won't it."

"Nah," James shook his head, his ever-messy black hair shifting slightly, "family is too negative for you... like a bunch of people who love each other unconditionally and will do anything to support them. We can call it... a home. It'll be like a real home, that would be nice, right?"

Virginia sprinted across the room, almost knocking James down with her hug. He wrapped his arms around her and squeezed. She pulled back, "yeah, yeah... that would be nice."

"So you wanna go home?" he asked.

"More than anything."

Fleamont and Euphemia were confused, to say the least, when a group of students and one crying old lady dropped into their yard. They were all exhausted and slightly greasy from a lack of showers for some time. Virginia's grandmother waddled towards the two of them and smiled down at them.

"Oh we do have much to discuss..."

"Really wish we could stick around," Alaric said, his voice sounding oddly hollow. Virginia felt herself cringe again, "but we must be on our way."

Virginia gave her Grandmother her hug as did James, which made his parents even more confused. Then the students climbed onto their brooms and Virginia exposed her wings. The six of them took off into the afternoon, soaring high enough above the clouds so as to not be seen by any muggles.