ⅩⅩⅤⅠⅠ. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐔𝐧𝐣𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐲

(A/N, so I'm going back to school after my break this week. I'll still be uploading but less frequently. I'll be uploading every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I could try to update every day but I don't fancy overworking myself and I need time to edit and stuff. The chapters will be about 1,000 (probably a bit more) words. I'll probably write all three chapters on the weekends and then edit them on the actual day with a fresher head. If I have extra time there could be double updates! Thank you for your patience!)

At 5 AM on Tuesday morning, Virginia scrambled out of the dormitory and ran down to the Great Hall. After she made sure there were no teachers, she hoisted up a charms book and recited the incantation with a flick of her wrist. She dragged her wand through the air to make a sentence that appeared in big and bold letters over the entrance to the Great Hall. She stared up at it proudly before sprinting back to her dormitory.

She 'awoke' at around 7 with the other girls who were at varying degrees of being ready. Lily was dressed as usual and Dorcas was trying desperately to wake up Marlene. Alice was quite literally shoving Mary towards the bathroom, while also fully prepared for the day. Virginia closed the curtains and dressed in her robes behind them.

Lily, Alice and Dorcas were forced to leave Mary and Marlene alone to fend for themselves as none of them fancied being late to classes.

"I swear," Lily scowled, "one of you lot will be the death of me."

Dorcas chuckled, "ah but she's endearing in her own way."

Alice looked at Dorcas sideways, "them you mean? We've left two of them up there."

"Yes," Dorcas said, waving her hand like that was obvious, "yes of course." Alice smiled to herself.

"Does anyone know someone with initials BG?" Lily asked suddenly, causing all three girls to look at her with confusion. Virginia smiled a bit to herself, glad that the message was noticeable. In large and black inky letters above the door, the wall read -

Hey BG, meet me at our spot 5:00 pm

Even with the shorter wait time, Virginia still felt like she might burst at any second. I almost kissed Sirius Black, that had been the only thought scrambling through her tired mind ever since it had happened. She couldn't even bring herself to talk to Remus since she was sure that as soon as he expressed his regrets, she would split at the seams. All discussion would have to wait until she mentally stable once more.

She could feel herself buzzing throughout classes, her brain desperately trying to make sense of the situation. But the truth stood - a boy had wanted to kiss her. A boy had almost kissed her. A boy had come so close that she could still feel the ghost of lips brushing against hers.

"Ms. Waters, I trust you'll have the answer for us?" Professor Kunlo inserted, snapping her out of her daze.

Her face turned crimson and she shook her head, "no... sorry."

"Just a guess?" he said.

Her eyes drifted down to her textbook to see a page open on jinxes, "the counter curse is unjellify?"

"Aw, I can't believe we didn't think of that," Fabian and Gideon chorused.

"Not quite," Professor Kunlo said, looking confused, "the answer is the Full Body Bind."

"So close," Fabian said with a snicker, snapping his fingers at the same time that Gideon said, "almost had it."

She scowled at them and they leapt back dramatically in their seats, "oh save our souls."