Go Out With a Yang

Start from the beginning

She screams an insult.

Shit! Mercury!

I turn to see him racing toward Ruby.

I attempt to reach Ruby as well, but he's gonna beat me.

She activates her semblance, thankfully, and flies in my direction, deactivating her petal-like form in mid-air. I catch her.

"Ow ow!!"

She exhales through her teeth, and I quickly sit her down.

The medics are forced to flee, so Ruby will need to be taken elsewhere...

"Focus!"

I barely cover my face with my gauntlets, a bullet-shot ringing in the air.

"Can't be distracted. Gonna mess up the choreography."

"Dances dances dances. Will you ever shut up? This isn't a game. This isn't a party. This isn't a gala!"

"It also isn't a shouting match. Lower your voice. You'll damage how pretty it sounds."

"Can you not pretend to flirt? It's revolting."

"You're right, I would never go for you."

"Like I'd ever want that."

"Stalling for time isn't gonna help, Blondie."

"..."

He's right. Blake isn't here. Something's happened.

"Oh! You might wanna look out for-"

His words are interrupted by several gunshots from behind. Emerald is still fighting?!

I jump out of the way, Ruby in my arms and sweating heavily.

"Ow ow..."

She grips my jacket.

"Ruby... Stay here. I've got you."

"Yang, no... You're damaged."

"That's when I'm at my best, Rubes. You know that."

My hair engulfs in bright, hot flames. I turn to the pair behind me and cock my gauntlets.

"I'm gonna enjoy kicking your asses."

"I'm the one that kicks, Blondie."

"GRAH!"

I launch myself forward, throwing a punch. Mercury holds a knee up to block the blow, so I slow my attack down, opting to grab his leg.

He doesn't expect this, so I get away with spinning him around and tossing him out of the stands, where we relocated to after I chased Emerald.

As he falls to the ground, I throw punches in Emerald's direction. She blocks a couple of my bullets, but one of the shots pierces into her shoulder, causing her to cry out in pain. Her pale face only weakens further, and she collapses, not even able to sit any more.