Chapter 63

A/n: I WAS RECHECKING CHAPTER 60 AND I REALIZED I FORGOT TO ADD A PRETTY IMPORTANT PART 😭⁉️ IM SORRY BUT I JUST FINISHED EDITING IT SO GO TO THE PART THAT GOES TO Y/N'S POV FOR THE EDITED PART TY

~ Y/n's POV ~

"Everyone now please rise for our national anthem." our principal spoke into the mic. The crowd went quiet and all stood up. "Singing for us tonight, we have a very special guest. All the way from Nashville, our very own Tammy Thompson!" The principal announced. The crowd went wild.

All cheered "Go, Tammy!" " We love you, Tammy!" I have no idea who this Tammy girl is.

Tammy waved at the audience and went to the mic that was in the middle of the gymnasium. She gripped onto the mic and the crowd went silent again. I put my right hand on top of my chest.

"O say, can you see" she sang off-key. My eyes widen on how bad her singing was. The microphone feedback whined after the first line. "By the dawn's early light..." I tried so hard not to laugh.

She continued singing and once she was done I sighed in relief. Finally, it's over. Lucas was looking around, probably looking for me and the others. Once he spotted me his facial expression went from worried to relief. I smiled and waved at him. He smiled and slightly waved back. He went back to focus on the game.

~~~

I have no idea what's going on.

Even though I go to some of Lucas' games, I never understand what's going on even though everyone knows basketball. I just don't know all of the rules and I get confused sometimes.

But at the moment, it looks like Lucas' team was winning. One of his team mates got hurt and couldn't play anymore, so that meant Lucas was finally off the bench and got to play. The scores on both teams were pretty close though.

~~~

They were down to a tie. There was barely any time left. Lucas had the ball. He was quick to move. He jumped up and shot the ball. I stood up from my seat, wanting to see if the ball will go in the net. I crossed my fingers "Please please please go in." I whispered. The time was ticking. The ball hit the rim of the net then it bounced into the net.

The Tigers won. The crowd roared, including me. I cheered so loud. All of his team mates and cheerleaders ran to him, celebrating. They all congratulated him. His team mates all lifted him up and chanted his name as Lucas raised his fists in victory.

~~~

Everyone was exiting the gym and I was at the parking lot, looking for Lucas. Once I spotted him, I went up to him. "Hey! Congratulations." I said. "Oh, thanks!" Lucas smiled. "I wish Mike and Dustin was there to see you. You were amazing! Even though I barely even knew what was going on."

Lucas chuckled. "Yeah, me too. But I'm just glad you were there." he said. I smiled. "Lucas! C'mon, man! We're having a party at Benny's! You have to come!" Jason said. "Yeah, I'll be there!" Lucas shouted. He looked back at me "Uh, I gotta go."

"Yeah! Have fun." I smiled. He went back to his team and I went to my bike. I was just about to get on it until I saw Mike, Dustin, Erica and the rest of the Hellfire club went out, cheering. Wait... Erica? Their sub was Erica? I shrugged and just rode home.

Once I arrived home I already knew my dad was asleep. I went to my room and got changed. I went to the kitchen to get some water since my throat was kinda sore after screaming so much. I grabbed a glass and poured water into it. A few seconds later, the lights started to rapidly flicker.

I was starting to get scared since it wasn't usual for the lights to flicker but then everything went back to normal and the lights were fine. Maybe it's just the electricity. I thought. I washed my glass and went to my room and fell asleep. Tomorrow's a big day.

word count: 713